Medieval Empires

abdumac

I have updated my first post with screenshots of my new feature in action. Go to first page of the post and take a look and be sure to comment on it.

Werbung:

abdumac

ya me too, lol, like when your sending a scout and he automaticly attacks and then your cover is blown, lol, i also will make it so you can't see enemy units in the mini map, unless you use an ability, like (far sight or such)

ragingspeedhorn

madman do not double nor triple post, next time I will delete them.

You are only allowed to double post after 24 hours have gone AND you have a very good reason to do so.

abdumac

o my bad next time i will just edit, thx for the warning. hey by the way go to my very first post (previous page) and try to do the little challenge i posted, please. thx

abdumac

yep, that's all of em did you get them easily?, becasue it's not suppose to be too easy, but it's not suppose to hard eather. I just made this test to see if i needed to strengthen up the hiding places in this map, is this a good hiding place? or should i add more bushes and stuff to make it even more hidden?

Undead_Lives

I was wondering for quite a time trying to find that last one...and it was right beside the other. THAT was hard. The first was quite easy, the others not so much.
It's a pretty good hiding place.

N00byStance

In game it will be much easier, all you need is just to drag selection rectangle over the unsafe region or press and hold Alt key.

Also I believe that count of plants will cause a bit lag.

abdumac

actually the plants will not cause lag anymore, i have deleted those plants and made custom ones, the customs ones are like 15 of those bunched up so instead of having 15 doodads to load at one place it'll only load 1, which means no lag.

and about the hiding thing, is there anyway i can make "holding alt" not show the unit's posetions?

And i have also decided to remove player colors, The units color will not be the players color, instead the unit's color will depend on the type of unit it is. For example if a unit is suppose to be stealthy i will make his "player color" green, so he can blend in, and if he is just suppose to be heavy armored, i will make him gray to show more armor, and etc...tell me what you guys think of this.

N00byStance

As about that Alt-issue, there is a function you can e.g. put at map initialization, it disables Alt-feature, but also several others (useful ones). I don't remember, the action self is descripted in Add Action dialog.

abdumac

I don't understand what your saying could you be more specific?

And also check out my first page (go to the 1st page of this topic) i have put some new screenshots of terrain, and the new skins that i made.. Please comment on the terrain and the skins. Thx

it's a good idea but it'll be kind of timewasting and i think the mini maps makes it look better, lol, anyways if i spend time on my screenshots, i won't have much time to actually work on the map.

guys check out my very first post (go to previous page) i have added some more screenshots, i am making the terrain pretty fast, and it still looks really nice (in my openion) gimme ur openions on the screenshots. thx. this is the 2nd time i'v added screenshots today. check em out and comment on them.
[/b]

I meant for future reference :D
And i have also decided to remove player colors, The units color will not be the players color, instead the unit's color will depend on the type of unit it is. For example if a unit is suppose to be stealthy i will make his "player color" green, so he can blend in, and if he is just suppose to be heavy armored, i will make him gray to show more armor, and etc...tell me what you guys think of this.
[/b]
Then you can't tell if they are yours or the enemies units?
If they are stealhty you could give them like a "permanant banish" or ethernal thing so they are semi trnasparent. Else it gets too confusing and then you won't be able to tell.

Also about your 'order' to attack thing. Give them a defesne option, just incase the enemy starts attacking and your units just stand there gettting killed. I think you should make abilities and the deafault one is "hold ground" or just dobn't attack. But if they get attacked they should be able to fight back, I wouldn't be THAT loyal to just tsand around and get killed without defending :p
You should also (should be able to) give your units the aggresive stance, that wya if they do SEE a unit they attack (this will be hard to do though)

abdumac

i'v allredy made it that when ur units gets attacked they will attack back, but when there not getting attacked they won't do anything. And i have tested it when one of the units get attacked the surrounding ones rush in to help, so what i'v allredy done is good enough, thx for the ideas though.

And the player color thing, ya i'll leave taht on i guess, i'll just skin stealthy units to make them camoflauge.

Werbung: