Medieval Empires

abdumac

April-30-2006 (6:09 am) ==================================================================
I have decided to stop working on both of my maps (african trolls and THIS) UNTIL summer. I am really sorry if i decappointed some of you guys, but right now im way to busy.

Reasons:

1.because i have too much homework and i really need mostly A's this last trimaster, :D
2.i am currently playing 5 on 5 basketball at my middle school and i wanna spend more time
practicing for that. :D
3.I also want to practice more football rignt now, so i don't go to "football summer camp" (i wanna leave some free time in my summer for map making...) :D

becasue of the above reasons i just don't gots the time to work on any maps right now, so i will delay them till this summer, im sorry if i disappointed anyone. :(

April-20-2006 (11:10 pm)
==================================================================
I have some good news, i am now officially done with 100% of the terrain. What a relief! Now my next goal is to finish some textures and work on custom units. Here are some skins that i made. Vist soon because i will post more skins/units TODAY. Oh, and before i forget, please comment on these:
[attachmentid=235][attachmentid=236][attachmentid=237]
[attachmentid=238][attachmentid=239]

April-20-2006 (10:20 pm)
Hello, today i am going to introduce 4 new screenshots of the terrain and a skin i made for the spell breaker here they are please commment on them. Thank you.
[attachmentid=231][attachmentid=232][attachmentid=233]
[attachmentid=234]

April-19-2006 (2:50 pm)
This post is to announce a new feature im adding to "Medieval Kingdoms"

I have decided to make units not attack with out your permission, so say an enemy unit get close to your unit, in a regular game they would attack each other, but in my game they will not attack each other untill you order them. (towers will still automaticly attack.) I believe that this will make the game a little more realistic, for one because soldiers do not attack without an order, and two because this will let you hide and ambush forces. Here is how you would ambush.

First you will set say 10-15 units in a swampy area where the other player won't see you, and when his units are crossing the area you will wait till there all gone and ensnare the LAST SOLDER OR COUPLE OF SOLDIERS. and you will kill him easily, this way you could kill a lot more soldiers then you would if you just send all your units against there. Please tell me waht you think of my new feature.
[attachmentid=224][attachmentid=225]
Challenge: Can you find the 6 red footman in this picture? Circle them and post the picture. (right picture)
Notice: How close the units are yet they are not attacking each other. (both pictures)

April-18-2006 (6:25 pm)
===================================================================
Hello, it's me again for the 2nd time today, and i have done some more terrain work, take a look and comment on it. Thank you all.
[attachmentid=215][attachmentid=216][attachmentid=217]

April-18-2006 (3:35 pm)
I have up loaded a few more screenshots of the terrain in my map. The terrain is currently about 45%completed. Here are the screenshots. Please comment on them.
[attachmentid=205][attachmentid=206][attachmentid=207]
[attachmentid=208][attachmentid=209][attachmentid=210]

April-17-2006 (3:32 pm)
-The name of the game has been changed to Medieval Kingdoms, thx Hunter_Destruction for the idea.

Hello everybody, i am currently working on two maps, one "african troll tribes" and my second map which is called "Medieval Empires at war" This will be the place all about Medival Empires.

About: This map is obviously in the medieval times, it's basicly a mele map with lots of custom items, units, tech trees, races, shops, buildings, races, doodads, and much, much more.

Features:
-ability to ally and unally anyone you want
-lots of custom stuff inculding models, skins, and icons.
-trigger enhanced abilities
-included AI (artificial intellegence) so you can play single player if you want
-excellent terrain
-more features will be added later... :D

Screenshots:
-Terrain
[attachmentid=186][attachmentid=188][attachmentid=189]
[attachmentid=190][attachmentid=191][attachmentid=192]
[attachmentid=193][attachmentid=194][attachmentid=195]
[attachmentid=196][attachmentid=197][attachmentid=198]
[attachmentid=199]

F.A.Q.
Q-What does this terrane have to do with medieval europe?
A-I never said it took place in europe, the only reason it's called medieval europe is because of the units and stuff i will put in it. (swordsman, knight, etc...)
Q-Isn't there allready a map called "medieval empires"?
A-When i started this map i didn't know that name was taken I'v now changed the name to "Medieval Empires at war". If that name is taken please tell me.
more questions will be added as you guys ask.

Werbung:

Fladian

Maps are always being recreated, there is little to do to stop it.

There is awfully little information about the map, so I can't say much about it, except 'give more information.'

abdumac

I have decided i will also incuded questions on my original post so pple don't ask the same questions. If you have a questions about the map read my first post in the F.A.Q section, and if it's not there then post it. all the answrs to your questions will be in my first post, which i will keep on editing.

Q- isn't there allredy a map called medieval empires?
A- when i started this map i didn't know that the name was taken i have changed it to "medieval empires at war" if this is taken plz tell me

Q-what does this terrain have to do with medieval europe.
A- i never said that the map takes place in medieval europe, i just said the time is the medieval ages.

scroll up to my first post to see all the questions

abdumac

Ya now i can do the african troll terrain too, i have gotten a lot better at terraing, anyways i wll keep the name "medieval empires at war" unless u guys come up with a better name.

p.s scroll up and look at the screenshots, I have added 5 new screenshots. comment on them please

Undead_Lives

Great terrain, but to make it look more professional, you might want to note that waterfalls need a place where they get water...and using caves gets old fast. So with this in mind, your last screenshot doesn't make sense.
Other than that, good job.

abdumac

ok i'll keep that in mind but i have already made sure that the water fall has a starting and an ending source. anyways thx for the tips undead, i will give you credit for "support and suggestions" in my credits section of the map.

Werbung:

Zergleb

These do not remind me of medievil battlefields and I agree with fladian on the more info thing. I grasp that there will be tons of stuff lots and lots of stuff! but what is the base? what makes this different from other maps? is there anything about this map that could be described as something other than more? or different ways to play? basically I am asking what IS the "fun-factor" as I like to call it, what is the base of this game? e.g. Starcraft is a strategy developing scouting and weakness spotting and abusing game, Warcraft 3 could be a complex micro-managing game with some of the SC things with it, while Rome Total war would be a deception and advantage creating "fun-factor". But of course since we haven't played your game it would require a longer description for us to understand what it really is.