Ideas

Kem Rixen

This forum is a bit quiet, I had an idea, well, not really, it is not originally my idea. In a sense it is a suppose because I've adapted it to my current situation, well for all intents and purposes it will be my idea, for the sake of arguement. Anyways, my idea is similar to one that was quite active at Wc3Campaigns, it was known as the weekly terraining contest, each week a theme was picked and then people would do it, it helped new terrainers quite a bit and expieranced ones a good challenge. Whilst its name may lead you to believe otherwise it was not indeed a contest, it was basically good practice for terraining.

Now you may, or may not, be thinking how does this apply to writing? I propose a similar system, except instead of creating a terrain of the theme for that week, writing a story revolving around that theme. It would be good practice for me; who's a bit rusty. So, what do you think of this, it seems like it would be a lot of fun.

Werbung:

Fladian

It is a good idea, in general, though I don't seem to get any decent story on paper right now. The ideas are there, but the words don't appear.

Escurial

Same here. And my writing skills. im in.

Theme..."Drama during/after" can be anything as long as it had something to do with death and its affect to the people around it.
I want some sad stories people!! :)

Fladian

I, personally, would like that, since it is not only my greatest interest in stories, but also my specialty and I find that most of my stories end up in dramas, no matter what twist I try to give it. :p

Escurial

Same here. something is just boring if no people die!

Just like in a movie in which the nigger dosnt die. tsss lame!!
I really like the shining. the only nigger in it DIES!!!

Fladian

Erm... no, that isn't what I meant. I don't prefer death in stories, but they are useful from time to time. Misery, dispair, torture, disasters are other ways to create sadness, not necessarily death. Death is just... part of the selection what falls under drama/sadness. Don't mix between drama and action though - they have a giant difference.

Kem Rixen

Or perhaps another idea. Focusing at 'character development' would be funny to see... [/b]
I was planning on going with something slightly like that, a story of a character right after they did a very huge thing, be it killing someone, dying themselves, something very extreme.

Fladian

I was planning on going with something slightly like that, a story of a character right after they did a very huge thing, be it killing someone, dying themselves, something very extreme.
[/b]
Sounds interesting enough.

Werbung: