How to reduce lag?

Werbung:

-lnFaMous-

I heard there is a way to reduce lag.. Its called buying a better computer! I know crazy eh?

Also.. I heard if u bought .. like.. half way decent internet... You wouldnt lag as bad as u do running on dial up...

What im trying to say is, Combat arms is one of the SMALLEST FPS Games ive ever seen. If you Lag.... THAT IS VERY SAD.

MooCowMan

I heard there is a way to reduce lag.. Its called buying a better computer! I know crazy eh?

Also.. I heard if u bought .. like.. half way decent internet... You wouldnt lag as bad as u do running on dial up...

What im trying to say is, Combat arms is one of the SMALLEST FPS Games ive ever seen. If you Lag.... THAT IS VERY SAD.

I'm running a crap frankenputer made up of 3 different computer with an FX5600, 512mb of ram, and 60 gig hard drive and CA runs like a top. I get start up lag and the occasional in game lag (which is lame.. i lag until I die.. then I stop lagging), and I'm running DSL, the slowest of the broadband internets.. So I have to agree, If you're lagging, your computer sucks! You can buy one better then mine for $200.

Cammoguy

Two problems...

Well first off one of my problems is that at the end of a match my combat arms stops working and I get a message saying "Combat arms has stopped working" Why is that?

My second question is the major lag I experience while playing a game it seems just fine but when I see a person and start to shoot my game starts to lag and the person teleports all around and I start to teleport a bit because of my lag. It seems like I should have already kileld the person but he ends up behind me and kills me :mad: and no my computer is fine Its like $800 and just got it this summer I shouldn't be getting this lag!

Please help - BTW combat arms is a cool game if I fix these problems it would be awsome - Ok thanks for reading

Seeing as how everyone may experience lag here and there, I've put together some information which should help you, it's worth a shot, who wouldn't want less lag?
If you don't lag, that's great, why did you click on this thread?
You ought to give it a try as well. :p

Turn off your AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Xfire/etc off.
It helps.
Close everything you don't need pretty much, webcam/microphone/bluetooth, etc.
Little things still help :p

Also, increasing your virtual memory may help.

Right click My Computer > Properties

(For Vista: Right click Computer, then click "Advanced System Settings")

Now you should have a System Properties window open,
click the Advanced tab,
Under Performance, click the Settings box.
A window called Performance Options should've popped up.
Look for Virtual Memory, and after "Total paging file size for all drives: (Number here)
Remember that number, and click the Change box.
A window called Virtual Memory will come up.
Click the "Custom size:" option.
Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB) should have a box after them with a number in it.
The rule for this number is 1.5 times the amount of ram you have.
Ex: If you have 3GB of ram, you may put 4500.

If you listened and remember the number I told you to (You can always take a few steps back and get it again.)
you may enter that, or the amount of ram you have, times 1.5
It may be less than 1.5 times, but it's the recommended amount.

Hopefully I help, if you have questions, just send me a PM.
(Yes, I've done this to my computer.) You probably can find a video on YouTube if you don't believe me.

Also, doing a weekly scan helps, I suggest downloading CCleaner (For more information on CCleaner, here's the link for it on WikiPedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ccleaner ) it's somewhat like the default Disk Cleanup, but is quite better.
Also has a registry cleaner.
I use CCleaner about everyday, and haven't had problems with it since. :p

Having a good antivirus and firewall also help, you can get AVG/AVAST! (they full edition for about what? A year?) If you just lurk YouTube, some videos provide serial keys that do work and are worth a try. Once the key becomes out dated, I'm SURE there will be more videos that give you new and working serial keys, so don't sorry when your serial has expired, pay a visit to YouTube and get your antivirus back.

I use AVAST! Simply because it's easier to remove virus/trogans/etc, it gives you the option when found, when AVG, is a bit more complicated.
AVAST! Also has a better percentage of finding virus' so it's up to you.

Turning down your settings in Combat Arms also may help, so what if your graphics aren't as clear, at least you can play with less lag, right?

There's nothing wrong with upgrading your PC.
New graphics card, more ram, etc.

If all fails, nothing a good ol' reinstall can't fix.

I did that , but in other maps except junk flea , brushwood ,snow valley , it lags so so much .

BoomerFTW

I run the game on a laptop and the settings are near highest and it works just fine so must be your crappy comp or you just need to clear out the cobwebs like the OP was basically sayin.

Seeing as how everyone may experience lag here and there, I've put together some information which should help you, it's worth a shot, who wouldn't want less lag?
If you don't lag, that's great, why did you click on this thread?
You ought to give it a try as well. :p

Turn off your AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Xfire/etc off.
It helps.
Close everything you don't need pretty much, webcam/microphone/bluetooth, etc.
Little things still help :p

Also, increasing your virtual memory may help.

Right click My Computer > Properties

(For Vista: Right click Computer, then click "Advanced System Settings")

Now you should have a System Properties window open,
click the Advanced tab,
Under Performance, click the Settings box.
A window called Performance Options should've popped up.
Look for Virtual Memory, and after "Total paging file size for all drives: (Number here)
Remember that number, and click the Change box.
A window called Virtual Memory will come up.
Click the "Custom size:" option.
Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB) should have a box after them with a number in it.
The rule for this number is 1.5 times the amount of ram you have.
Ex: If you have 3GB of ram, you may put 4500.

If you listened and remember the number I told you to (You can always take a few steps back and get it again.)
you may enter that, or the amount of ram you have, times 1.5
It may be less than 1.5 times, but it's the recommended amount.

Hopefully I help, if you have questions, just send me a PM.
(Yes, I've done this to my computer.) You probably can find a video on YouTube if you don't believe me.

Also, doing a weekly scan helps, I suggest downloading CCleaner (For more information on CCleaner, here's the link for it on WikiPedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ccleaner ) it's somewhat like the default Disk Cleanup, but is quite better.
Also has a registry cleaner.
I use CCleaner about everyday, and haven't had problems with it since. :p

Having a good antivirus and firewall also help, you can get AVG/AVAST! (they full edition for about what? A year?) If you just lurk YouTube, some videos provide serial keys that do work and are worth a try. Once the key becomes out dated, I'm SURE there will be more videos that give you new and working serial keys, so don't sorry when your serial has expired, pay a visit to YouTube and get your antivirus back.

I use AVAST! Simply because it's easier to remove virus/trogans/etc, it gives you the option when found, when AVG, is a bit more complicated.
AVAST! Also has a better percentage of finding virus' so it's up to you.

Turning down your settings in Combat Arms also may help, so what if your graphics aren't as clear, at least you can play with less lag, right?

There's nothing wrong with upgrading your PC.
New graphics card, more ram, etc.

If all fails, nothing a good ol' reinstall can't fix.

ohh common a new video card costs almost 70$ kinda of expensive dont you think?

Ninja

i was so bored i did not even read the whole thing...i do need to know how to reduce in game lag but make it simpler?

Werbung:

<<<lynx>>>

to love

Love can u help me my system is

Processor:
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
Memory:
758MB RAM

Video Card:
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)
can u help me fix combat arms im moveing slow hit me up at galuise1@gmail.com or galuise1@ymail.com <yahoo messenger account) galuise1@hotmail.com help me i need help i h8 losing every time
:D