Do you think its fair for Activision to charge $15 for map packs?

I think that charging for map packs kills the community. To be fair, releasing a new game every year tends to diminish the community from the previously released games as well. I think $15 is too much; $5 would definitely be reasonable.

I agree. A lot of really good and entertaining games died out simply because they released a similar, or absolutely the same game and people switched to the new game simply because it's new...

Werbung:

Jessi

I'm with everybody else....$15 is simply too much for a map pack. If it contained more content or would be cheaper, it'd be fine.

Lately absolutely each game no matter what genre forces you to buy extra things beside the actual game. It sucks that they are trying to take every possible penny they can get their hands on while at the same time offering not that good quality services... Instead of thinking of ways to make more money from the same gime it might e a good idea to improve the quality of the damn game first...

HollisterFitch

I mean, they have the right to charge whatever they please for the content they've created but at the same time, I don't think any map pack should cost that much unless there are new weapons and player skins as well.

ECompany

To be honest, I know they created the content and should be able to be compensated for it, but the entire DLC prospect is the biggest scam. Ten years ago, games came with everything you needed to have a good time. They gave you a complete game and charged you one price. Now, it seems like developers push out a game that's half-finished and then charge you another $45 (assuming 3 DLC, priced at $15 each), in order to get the maximum amount of enjoyment out of the game. Do I think it's fair or justified? Absolutely not. However, the reason they do it is because they know we'll all shell out for it.

Jessi

To be honest, I know they created the content and should be able to be compensated for it, but the entire DLC prospect is the biggest scam. Ten years ago, games came with everything you needed to have a good time. They gave you a complete game and charged you one price. Now, it seems like developers push out a game that's half-finished and then charge you another $45 (assuming 3 DLC, priced at $15 each), in order to get the maximum amount of enjoyment out of the game. Do I think it's fair or justified? Absolutely not. However, the reason they do it is because they know we'll all shell out for it.

If you're satisfied with the original game, you're not required to buy any of the future packs. It doesn't take away from your enjoyment any by sticking with the game you paid for. I'm not fond of the $15 price tag, but I also don't buy every DLC that's ever released either.

ECompany

If you're satisfied with the original game, you're not required to buy any of the future packs. It doesn't take away from your enjoyment any by sticking with the game you paid for. I'm not fond of the $15 price tag, but I also don't buy every DLC that's ever released either.
I seem to remember for Halo 3 that to play on ANY ranked servers you MUST buy the map packs. (Social isn't ranked) So there are certainly exceptions. Granted that isn't Activision, but it's an example where a mappack is needed.

Jessi

I seem to remember for Halo 3 that to play on ANY ranked servers you MUST buy the map packs. (Social isn't ranked) So there are certainly exceptions. Granted that isn't Activision, but it's an example where a mappack is needed.

Yeah, definitely, but I'm guessing that's not the case here. It seems like most of these games that are releasing DLCs now really are just optional content that you can easily live without. You may not -want- to and that's how you draw you in, but it's rarely required any more.

Well you can live without it, but I at least think it sucks. They are making new content, which would be fun to play, but instead of giving it for free they ask for money and not just small amounts. I know 15$ is not an insane number, but when you have few more games and you want to buy some more games things stack up.

Jessi

Well you can live without it, but I at least think it sucks. They are making new content, which would be fun to play, but instead of giving it for free they ask for money and not just small amounts. I know 15$ is not an insane number, but when you have few more games and you want to buy some more games things stack up.

Think about it this way. Had they included those map packs from the get-go, would you have been willing to pay more for the game then? Or would you have just seen it as part of the game content at the time and fussed if the price were too high? Ultimately, it's a good business decision for them, even though it sucks.

There are so many things that they can do to earn money lik selling skins and other useless things, so it would've been great if the maps were free, but that's just my opinion. It's obvious that they have to cover they costs and the prices they set are researched by professionals ;)

Scoobysteaks

$15 is a steep amount of money, but comparing the price and the amount of time I play on the game, yes, it is acceptable. It does annoy me how Activision are ripping so many people off but Time+Quality-Price=Good is my equation to how good the pricing was/is.

sammy

If they were a dollar each individually, and 15 bucks for a pack of at least 17, I'd say that's a good deal. If not, than screw Activision, and the people paying for the over priced content in these games. If everyone stopped shelling out for the stuff, these companies would stop trying to bleed money from you every change they got.

Instead of paying for it because it's available, decide if it's really worth the asking price. frugality in video games isn't that hard. These maps better be the most ballinest shit ever for 15 dollars.

Werbung:

morbidity

They're trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of Black Ops with the release of Call of Duty: MW3. The Call of Duty franchise is notorious for overpriced DLCs and other additions to their games. Though the game is a lot of fun and the DLCs usually have some cool stuff in them which makes up for the $15 price. The way I usually think about it is having 2 less packs of cigarettes to smoke.