Do you think its fair for Activision to charge $15 for map packs?

Soulwatcher

I absolutely LOVE Black Ops, its my second favorite in the series next to COD MW. I use to complain when map packs were $10 and now they are $15. What really burns my bridges is before consoles were main stream developers use to give map packs away for free to help support the game. Now they charge for everything! :mad: Do you think its fair for Activision to charge $15 for map packs?

Werbung:

danieldedaniel

No, 15$ is just way too much. It really sucks that you have to pay so much. If it would be like a expansion with like 5 new maps and just new guns, or something else. than it would be worth it

Colour

I don't really care 3arch is terrible at making games and for some reason are always worse than IW previous game (even though they improved from WAW when IW didn't improve from COD4 but are hanging in the same ball park) but I agree when a map pack costs more than a game its to expensive (see Breach its better than Black Ops and costs less than the map pack)

joebotz

I think that it is not fair to charge 15$ for maps that is not the official game. There is only maps and not really much content otherwise so no its not fair at all.

NDIT54

It really doesn't feel that fair at all. I'm sure they don't need all the money that they try to make. I mean honestly, the map packs they make feel like they should've come with the game. Call of Duty never seems to have enough maps, and in the zombie mode it definitely feels that there should have been more maps from the start. In Black ops, and World at War.

Roger117

No not really. Seeing they have made more than $2 billion from the last two Call of Dutys, no.

I remember that COD4 days where everything was free.

No not really. Seeing they have made more than $2 billion from the last two Call of Dutys, no.

I remember that COD4 days where everything was free.
Hmmm.. Wish it stay that way as well. It really does bite to pay $15 just for a mere expansion pack and I'm sure they already have made a lot of money from the sales of the games themselves, so I really don't see any point in making it that high just for an add-on.

RPCOM

No, this is not acceptable. Map packs should be free addons for games. This is just not done :mad:! For some virtual guns and maps you don't have to pay $15. Absolutely not acceptable! Companies getting greedy all the time. Let us wait and see.

Dy.namik

I think too that it is way too much for 5 maps. That's about $3 a map and I think that if they sold it for $10, it would be a fair price.

KingManta

It's definitely too expensive. $3 per map is ridiculous.
In my opinion, you spent $60 on the game so updates should be free.
That being said, no business runs like that and they'll definitely charge for map packs.
They should cost $5. $1 per map is reasonable.

tater03

I totally agree that $15.00 is way to much for map packs. What irks me is it seems like every time you turn around there is a new one. I would not mind paying the $1.00-$2.00 per map. It just seems like they get you coming and going anymore.

LeonardK

$15 is way too overpriced, it should be around 5$ maximum per map pack. Their marketing technique of that it's 'new content' is quite smart though. They still make too much money to be able to charge so much!

I remember back in the days(and probably still continues) for CS, fans were creating maps and distributing them free. And now... you have to pay 15$ for maps that's just unrealistic. As far as I'm concerned I woundn't pay more then 5$ althought even that's too much, but let's say I'm willing to support their work.

Werbung:

Dealge

I think that charging for map packs kills the community. To be fair, releasing a new game every year tends to diminish the community from the previously released games as well. I think $15 is too much; $5 would definitely be reasonable.