Bob27's Map Making Contest

Bob27

I thought it might be intristing to make a map making contest. The contest will have different catorgores, Cinematic, Campaign, Aeon of Strife, Tower Defence, Minigames, RPG, melee and other. Ok here are the rules:
  • Each person can enter one map in each catergory
  • Any map that has just been edited and was made by someone else will not be accepted
  • The Map must be made from scratch
  • There is no limit to map size or file size
  • Cinematics will have no time limit
  • Campaigns must have more then one mission
  • WEU will be accepted but you must tell me if you use it.
  • The map must be unprotected. If I can not open the map it will not be accepted.
  • If it is a multiplayer map you can send me a unprotected and protected version. They must be exactly the same.
  • The deadline will be one month. Extendtions can and will be given to any contestants still making their map after the 1 month deadline however this will not apply if it is the contestants 2nd or more map they are entering in the contest.
  • The Map must have at least 3 players unless it is a campaign, cinematic or any other singleplayer mission. If you have any other reason for it having only 2 players contact me and I might be able to enter your map into the contest.
  • Nothing that would break the lisence agreement you have to agree to register at Hive Workshop.
  • At the main page of the contest at Hive Workshop about the third post down there are some guidelines. This explains what the Jury will be looking for basicly in a map and it is recomended that you follow these guidlines.
[/list]More info and entries can be directed to Here

Werbung:

Fladian

It isn't really fair. Campaigns exists out of multiple maps while a TD or a melee map normally exist out of a single map. If the campaign is only of decent quality and the TD or melee for instance are quite good, the campaign would probably end up on top because of the multiple maps.

Not to mention without a jury of an amount of people, it will be quite biased on a certain genre as well.

-=GhosT=-

i can be jury :) and you should remove campaign category, RPG would be hard aswell, TD, MINIGAMES and others are made fast, not like rpg/campaign

ragingspeedhorn

Ghost RPG's can be made quite fast, it is Open RPG's that takes long time :p

EDIT: Also the fact that you can submit maps allready made a long time ago sucks as for that matter dota could be submitted or the like. The map should be made for this contest.

ragingspeedhorn

It also depends a bit on what you consider "quite fast." I mean, every good map takes an amount of time.
[/b]

Yes but RPG maps doesent take that much time trigger wise and if you dont intend to have dozens of custom made abilities for heroes and items that doesent take taht long either. If you work hard a ok good RPG with a ok storyline could be done in 2 weeks.

Just look at DarkSoul RPG by Erdfried. That is a good and fun map but havent taken that long to make :)

Fladian

*looks at his own RPG*
Hmm... *remembers that he has been working on it for months of time, but doesn't even give 10 minutes of gameplay just yet, triggerwise only*

ragingspeedhorn

Lol and this is a online RPG? Must be a massive project then :)

Darksoul RPG takes about 1½-2 hours to complete if you are full house of people and start from scratch with no preload codes or stuff like that. As far as I know Erdfried didnt work tons of months on that project and it has turned out really fun :p

Fladian

No, no, not online =)

I'm aiming for about the same game time, but in opposite of Dark Soul, I am aiming for a lot of replay time. Fortunately, it is easy to make it the way I want it, unfortunately, it is extremely annoying to make it - therefore, it is on hold for the who-knows how many time this time.

Werbung:

Bob27

Nah you can post a map in each different catergory. There will be a different winner for each catergory. Campaigns will have no effect whats so ever on the TD or Minigame catergory.

i can be jury and you should remove campaign category, RPG would be hard aswell, TD, MINIGAMES and others are made fast, not like rpg/campaign[/b]

Yea that would help alot. I was thinking of maybe getting VG to help me as well. Any other one want to judge just contact me.