WTF? My FPS during combat!

Dirty

Not sure if you guys have noticed but it seems my skill has been dropping when I want to try the most. I been giving 100% during playing the past couple weeks but every since then my cpu wants to fuck me in the ass and give me these kinda results. Any idea what I could do to fix this?

I already..
Uninstalled things I don't need.
Run Spyware Doctor and Ad-Aware.
Defragged my HD.
Cleared inernet files.
Removed all extra crap.
What else could I do?

Werbung:

blze

hmmm, seems everyone is having problems as of late. i dont know, i have only had trouble recently with net speed and connex, which is just bill gates being on his period im assuming.

but yours looks like maybe a shot stick of ram or something. i dont know how to test it, but i have heard about it dying out and then peoples machines going to shit and they cant diagnose it...

that or maybe mobo configs? BIOS? but since it was OK a week ago, i would think these were current...

a diagnostic on your hardware would be my first step, but i dont know how, sorry!

mYth

I would like hardware specs please? Include:

CPU:
Memory: (Type/Amount)
FSB:
Vid Card: (Include Type and Mem on-board)

imported_SuXoR

Dirty, are you using opengl or direct3d as your renderer? Also, what vid card do you have. Perhaps your drivers or settings got fubard somehow. By the way, aren't you gaetting Cas's or Deli's old board and chip?

Dirty

my card is a shitty geforce4, but I use to get 60fps steady.... now its just all to hell.

my cpu is a piece of shit also..
AMD 2200+
512 ram

and yes I am getting Indis machine when I can throw down a few hundred bucks.

imported_SuXoR

Ok.

I would first download the latest drivers from nvidia.

Then right click on my computer->properties->device manager
Find your video card and right click on it. Uninstall it.

Your desktop should now look low-res and grainy.

Reboot.

Don't let windows find a driver for you - cancel out of all the found new hardware stuff. It will just reinstall your old drivers.

Install the new nvidia drivers.

Then check in cz to make sure that you are using openGL as your renderer. It has been my experience that openGL is a little faster than direct3d.

This is a start. I am assuming that your machine does not have spyware or virus infestation, because of what you said. I can't say what is wrong for sure but this is what I would do.

If anybody else has any ideas feel free to chime in.

Puppet

You guys are missing the fact that he is telling you twice now that he didn't make any changes and now it is all to shit. Dirty, sounds like you are having the same problem I am having. My fps and ping have been all over the place for 5 days now. Every night I open a new case with Adelphia to bitch about it. Every night they tell me about an issue that is "close" to my area and it is fixed the next morning but then booom, poor fps and ping the next night. This is why I have hardly been on and why my stats suck so bad right now. So last night I made another call but this time they gave me a speed test and proved to me that I am consistenly running 6mb/sec for 6 tests in a row, so I think it is the path my server takes in getting to Punx. Somewhere in that path is a kink, whether it be a server or what. I don't think it's punx though because only a few of us are complaining, not all people are. You could probably find the culprit server with a tracert but what would you be able to do about it. Just hope that server cleans up it's act I guess.

Puppet

Now pecker boy, did I just say ping? I dont think so.....let's see {brings out supersleuth text capturing program}....ahhhhh....here it is....." My fps and ping have been all over the place for 5 days"

Admit it, you love me Suxor. Come on. You can't get enough of the pupp can ya?

eggs

rates?
what do you have your cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate and rate at?

edit:
also you might want to check your video card settings
make sure you have vsync off and you have beefed up your open gl settings
and i had this problem in the past one thing that helps at least fps
is if desktop reso. is higher than ingame reso. that might help too

what kinda connection do you have?
dsl or cable?

Puppet

You can go that route with Dirty if you'd like, but it is still my opinion that if dirty is doing fine.....makes NO changes.....not doing fine, then tuning is not the answer.

Casualty

ya its most likey inet, or pc.

with the fps thing i would guess pc.

take suxs advice about the drivers. its windows even without manually changing anything it still screws up sometimes.

also determine of yoru paging when you play, and try closig any extra programs like AIM or trillian, and anything else you dont need and see if anything improves

mYth

It's gotta be a server inbetween bc ur only 30 miles farther out than me from the server and here's what I get......

C:\>tracert 66.36.236.37

Tracing route to ns1.lo3.com [66.36.236.37]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 7 ms 15 ms 15 ms 10.10.16.1 <--- 1st Hub
2 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms 68.10.14.69 <--- 2nd Hub
3 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms 68.10.8.233 <--- 3rd Hub
4 15 ms 31 ms 30 ms nrfkdsrj02gex070003.rd.hr.cox.net [68.10.14.17]<--- 1st Server (Va. Beach)
5 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms nrfkbbrc02pos0101.rd.hr.cox.net [68.1.0.26] <--- 2nd Server (Newport News)
6 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms ashbbbrj01-s0100.r2.as.cox.net [68.1.0.218] <--- 3rd Server (Richmond)
7 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms ge6-0-1.core1.iad1.hopone.net [66.36.224.213] <--- 4th Server (Alexandria)
8 15 ms 13 ms 15 ms ge8-0.core2.dca2.hopone.net [66.36.224.33] <--- 5th Server (South DC)
9 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms vl2.msfc1.distb2.dca2.hopone.net [66.36.224.229] <--- 6th Server (South DC)
10 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms ns1.lo3.com [66.36.236.37] <--- PuNx/Lo3 (DC)

Trace complete.

C:\>

So throw ur tracert up here while not on the server and with all i-net apps shutdown to compare......

Werbung:

DiLLa

yeh anytime ping goed hay wire fps goes to shit..dont know what the connection is but it does that to me too..well not quite 9 lol but it does