Worm said to do it

EMA

Worm said:
*** CLEARS THROAT ***

Come on guys...

Go into the CS general thread and talk about the new clan.

Talk about when PuNx/Lo3 is going to Source.

Talk about new maps.

New clan?

So what about a source server? PuNx goin?

any new good maps that we should post and get admin to look into? I like all the ones that we have now. I like the fact we have a bigger selection now. Very cool.

Werbung:

eggs

if the current serber goes to source

i dont know where i will be
chances are i might dissapear
or play on LRK or somewhere like that
but my rig cant run source
and i dont have the doe to update it to where i can
as far as customs go ive always been against customs
i respect thoes who like them but it takes away from the game for me to have to figure out a new damn map
every time its thrown on the serber

the only custom map i ever liked was a cs map
called
cs_packman
de_packman
az_packman
fy_packman

other than the above i typically dont deal with them.

EMA

Well maybe if people payed for reserver slots and helped to keep the server up maybe we could have both cz and source?

WoRm5406

Well you guys were spamming a banned thread that wasn't really a banned thread.

SO......

What about a new clan??
There have been a few clans that have been starting to come into the server. And I see the rumblings of a new one formed by some of our regulars. I think this is a good thing.

What about a CSS server? PuNx going?
With the ammount of people we have on here that LOVE CZ. I do not see the CZ server going away. There has been discussions about maybe starting a CSS server, IN ADDITION to the CZ server. But this is just me sticking my ear to the door. (I was trying to see if anyone was outside of it before we talked further.)

Any new good maps that we should post and get admin to look into? I like all the ones that we have now. I like the fact we have a bigger selection now. Very cool.
This is for the maps section Ema. I am glad you like the bigger slection. There are a lot of maps that are not displayed in the "listmaps" in game, that an admin can change to.

I am working on MapPack #2 also. So far I only have de_rubble_cz in it, but I would like to stick a few more in it. We dont really want to make this a CUSTOM map server. So many of our regulars... "like the default maps and maybe one or two new ones, everynow and then, would be OK" is a messge I got from someone on the forums.

MeanMugginFool

I was under the assumption that the CZ server would stay, and the possible Source server would be it's own thing. Of course I could be wrong.

As far as maps, I like the cpl maps we have been playing like Mill, Strike, and Russka. I think the custom, aim, and awp maps like poolday, matrix and such should be reserved for the Lo3, LrK, and other servers like that

WoRm5406

EMA said:
Well maybe if people payed for reserver slots and helped to keep the server up maybe we could have both cz and source?

You know it took me so long to write up my post EMA that those others ones were before mine....

Geezes you guys are quick...

Reserved slots would help in the aspect of being able to afford/pay for a source server. It has not ben discussed to the exact level but I would even foresee that those with reserved slots would have it in both CZ and CSS.

And the person that sent me a PM asking about BF2(ranked)...

I personally do not own it. I dont know enought about running it. Send me another one with more information. I'd like to at least play it more than the one time I have.

blze

wtf are you guys talking about. worm's post is what i saw going on. are people making up things or what? how are we confused here?

its all in one neat little package up there as worm's post.

now i am confused. like, there are new clans, some new maps, and css server is a possibility. i think you all are being paranoid bc some other people said they were going css. but that is people, not servers... as for the maps and the clans, well if you're confused there i have a button combo fer ya:

ctrl+alt+del

lawl

Ramon Knight

What sort of range is a monthly cost on a server? I've seen a site that rents out 32 slot CS servers at like 60/70 a month.

Though i vaguely remember from a previous post quad-digit numbers o_O. That's rich peoples money..like people who can afford to drive to applebees and eat there.

WoRm5406

Ramon...

There are a lot of factors to that.

It is not really effective to start your own server out of the BLUE without some sort of following.

That is why we (PuNx and Lo3) worked so hard at getting another server back to replace it.

We felt like our community (you and those reading this) really wanted it back and wanted to play. It is now up to all of us to make sure we keep it running.

The rules of the server are simple:

PuNx Server Rules
  • No racial remarks of ANY KIND. Racism will not be tolerated here.
  • No cheating of ANY KIND.
  • Respect all admins and PuNx members.
  • Adults only. If you are under 18 you will be banned.
  • On 3 TK's, you will be autobanned for 1 hour.
  • Complete objectives on map.
  • If you are l33t CAL-M player go elsewhere.
  • If you are n00b idiot player go elsewhere.
  • The name "Player" is not allowed on server.

This is posted to the end user EVERYTIME they join the server. If they dont read it, then it is on them. To get banned for saying "Ni%%a" then there is nothing that we can do except BAN them. They are, as they state, rules.

imported_SuXoR

Who among us has the VB skillz to make an installer for Worm's map packs? I would be 1337 to d/l an exe that would automatically install all of the right shiznit into the right place BAM! in the blink of an eye.

DigitalSword

i do enjoy the way things are going. especially because while somewhat hindered, they are going very well and without incident or great hassle.

Source would be great to have but perhaps unessential for atleast a few more months. Source is greatly different from Cz, and while we will lose a ton of folk we could gain many more as well, so It is a balanced situation. Hopefully those that will stay on cz will stay if we get two servers to run both games. if in that case that would be awesome.

I do not see any real reason for new maps, the maps we have played for the past year work fine, and keep plenty in here at the same time, while some new maps are fun, such as deagle and the more recent dust krystal, alot of the new maps just drop people from the server. 1 leads to 2 leads to 4 leads to 8. Once one makes a negative comment it spreads like wildfire and people just leave until a ready standby comes back into play.

So my thought, It has minimal potential to be fun, except in rare cases and it is risky as far as the fun factor for everyone else. Just like letting a "cal-i" player stay on the server, it reduces the fun and is unecessary.

|DS|

Puppet

I downloaded most of the maps. I think all but 2. Even then I found that after zipping it the pack was over 70 MB. If we do anything it will need to be done in sections.

WoRm5406

MeanMugginFool said:
I was under the assumption that the CZ server would stay, and the possible Source server would be it's own thing. Of course I could be wrong.

As far as maps, I like the cpl maps we have been playing like Mill, Strike, and Russka. I think the custom, aim, and awp maps like poolday, matrix and such should be reserved for the Lo3, LrK, and other servers like that

If there was a CSS server it would be an addition, YES. You are right.

I like the CPL maps. They are a standard map that most have played, one time or another.

The other maps do cycle through the other servers from time to time.

Where has the late night crew been lately? I miss seeing them on late at night, on those nights I dont get home until late.

Werbung:

Sortitout

i like the CPL maps too...is it just me or does Fire and Strike have the same orange palette?

late night crew will be reporting for duty tonight... :wink: