Wii Rumour

Mario

Not sure if its true or not, i looked at a website about the Wii and came across this

Wii 2.0 with DVD playback

There's a rumor doing the rounds that a second version of the Wii will include DVD playback for movies, said to release in the US later in the year. The source is apparently a Nintendo rep who gave the info away in a phone conversation.

What do you think, would you buy it if it did come out?

Werbung:

badboykane

I personally wouldn't buy, most households already have a dvd player so not much point. It's ok for those who don't have a Wii.

I don't know why Nintendo don't just release some software for the current Wii like a new channel to play dvd's a "DVD Channel", some hacker when hacking the Wii one day done lots of tests on the Wii and found that the current dvd drive in the Wii is capable of playing dvd videos its just the console itself doesn't have the software to enable the Wii to know what to do with the inserted DVD video.

sad

Actually it is true .No because almost everyone has a dvd player and would not be needed to have a dvd inside a wii.

I heard that nintendo wii provide a software dowload that will upgrade the wii to play dvds it could be possible!!

BeatMario

WHAT?

I hate it when they do this.
Ever since the GBASP came out.
Then the DSPhat and DSLite.
NOW THE WII?
What the hell are they doing...?

Matt

I've heard about this too.

Typical Nintendo. You'll expect to pay £100 on top of it for the dvd playback. I personally wouldnt fret over it.

Matt

I imagine it wouldn't just be a firmware upgrade.. I thought they'd have to add hardware etc to enable it to do this? - We'll see anyway. Can't see them offering it current Wii people, the whole idea is to get more money.

Werbung: