wii graphics

AndreasC

Squiddy said:
Nightowl said:
I have loved Nintendo since NES came out because of their fresh ideas and excellent gameplay. I'd say that if you have an entertaining game, graphics really don't matter.

We may think graphics as wrapping paper and the present itself as gameplay.

Actually, graphics DO matter in the end of day, in my opinion at the least.

I mean, games like TP, OoT (back in 1998), Paper Mario, all of the FF games, MGS3, Shenmue II wouldn't be good without the excellent visuals. All of these games have made by jaws drop in terms of scale and size - and if a console is capable of making worlds as vast as these, than that's a thumbs up IMO.

The Wii has so much more to come, and there's MUCH more power than people think it has - I mean, it hasn't even had it's second wave of titles, and we're still seeing jaw-dropping games like RE:UC and Galaxy and Brawl - believe me, Nintendo had me fooled in thinking I own a technologically inferior console.

Screw it, I'd be happy if Shenmue 1 and 2 came to the Wii as the extra power would make it look amazing - but as long as I have a PS3 too to get those amazing titles, it doesn't worry me one bit.

Developers like SUDA51, Nintendo, Capcom, Factor5, SEGA, and definitely Square Enix will are the most capable of pushing consoles to their limits. ;)

And also, Nintendo talked about some extra graphic capabilities. We haven't heard a whole lot about that either. Maybe there is some extra features that haven't been used in any games yet. We may not have seen half of what Wii can do graphic wise yet. Who knows?

We know the figures for the hardware but we don't know that much about the rendering techniques that maybe is there somewhere and that developers can use in future games to enhance the graphics a real deal.

Werbung:

Lucke189

Wii does not have the same graphics as Game Cube -.-

link_070523c-l.jpg
3596.jpg

Strampa

Compared to PS3 and 360; no. But looking at SMG and MP3 gives you hope for at least pretty good looking games ;P SMG looks really beautiful, even compared to ps3 and 360. It has a very good looking artistic style.

Jesusdragon737

Lucke189 said:

link_070523c-l.jpg
3596.jpg

wow. that's amazing. :blink: you never really realize the difference between graphics of different systems unless you compare them side by side. I was thinking the wii had about the same graphics as gamecube too.

Werbung:

badboykane

Lucke189 said:

link_070523c-l.jpg
3596.jpg

Yeah but those are not in game graphics so no comparison there at all.

Try playing Twilight Princess on the Wii then playing the Gamecube one right after then you will see not much difference.

Try some REAL in game shots like Metroid:

GAMECUBE:
metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041022113319295.jpg

Wii:
928517_20060915_screen001.jpg

Just check out the RE4 video with actual comparison video then you will see there is hardly no difference at all.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20271.html