wii graphics

Werbung:

AndreasC

simpe said:
The graphics are'nt that poor. But of course you can't really compare with ps3, xbox 360 and pc really. But i still rather play wii than any other system, if the game is good though.

You can't really compare any video game console with a PC to be honest. PC is in its own league. Even if the graphics are super and very realistic on let's say PS3, PC will always lay ahead.

AndreasC

Andy said:
Right now developers relie way too much on the controller. I say that if everyone would stop buying the crappy games that they produce right now, maybe they would see that the "oh so new" controller isn't everything. Some games reminds me of Goldeneye to N64. I don't think that's bad graphics at all. But are we not worth a little more work than this? I mean, they could accomplish these graphics 5-10 years ago.

Is really Wii so hard to use to it's full power? No, Nintendo does it. Why no one else?

It's a real shame that the most "Wow-looking" game right now is a port from the GameCube. =/

Absolutely. The games out now doesn't do the system justice. They DO rely way too much on the controller. That's a shame. But who doesn't want to make a lot of money, if they could? That's a big part of the problem too, cause they surely want to take part of the hype around the controller, now when they see that they can. I believe what you say is right. We have to stop buy the crappy games. They are all very sloppy, and not that good at all. They have been developed and put out really quickly. Why? For the money of course. But if we could stop buying everything that comes out, just because it's for the Wii, developers would have to put out games that would hold greater quality. They would feel forced to do it, and the gamers deserve it too. We shouldn't have to waste our money on crap products.

badboykane

AndreasC said:
Please don't start this shit again. If you don't know a darn shit about hardware, why would you even open your mouth in the first place?

What you mean don't start this shit again, this is the first time I have said anything. Perhaps you need to shut your mouth before you start complaining at other people, this is meant to be a friendly forum with civil chats.

There really isn't that great deal of a difference between the both, obviously the Wii is slightly more powerful but with not a lot of real difference the graphics are not going to be fantastic anyway.

But since when has nintendo been about graphics, they are all about gameplay which is why people enjoy them and they sell.

Specs:

Gamecube Wii

Processor Processor
485mhz IBM Power PC 729mhz IBM Power PC

Memory Memory
43mb total Ram 88mb Total Ram

Graphics Memory Graphics Memory
162mhz 243mhz

More specifically, the reported analyses state that the Wii is roughly 1.5 to 2 times as powerful as its predecessor.

AndreasC

badboykane said:
AndreasC said:
Please don't start this shit again. If you don't know a darn shit about hardware, why would you even open your mouth in the first place?

What you mean don't start this shit again, this is the first time I have said anything. Perhaps you need to shut your mouth before you start complaining at other people, this is meant to be a friendly forum with civil chats.

There really isn't that great deal of a difference between the both, obviously the Wii is slightly more powerful but with not a lot of real difference the graphics are not going to be fantastic anyway.

But since when has nintendo been about graphics, they are all about gameplay which is why people enjoy them and they sell.

Specs:

Gamecube Wii

Processor Processor
485mhz IBM Power PC 729mhz IBM Power PC

Memory Memory
43mb total Ram 88mb Total Ram

Graphics Memory Graphics Memory
162mhz 243mhz

More specifically, the reported analyses state that the Wii is roughly 1.5 to 2 times as powerful as its predecessor.

Yes it is and that's what I mean. It's more powerful than its predecessor, and that is all that counts. But what people do everywhere is to copmpare it with PS3 which is many times as powerful as its predecessor, and therefore, Wii must be nothing but a gamecube with a little more memory added to it. It's wrong. Since when was a system put out by Nintendo several times as powerful as its predecessor? That's right. It has never happened, so what I think people is hanging themselves up on is the fact that PS3 is several times more powerful than its predecessor, and Wii is not. I don't think you can make that comparison in a fair way. Wii was never supposed to be several times powerful than GameCube, it's just another system by Nintendo.

Sorry for what I said, I just meant people in general, they often talk like Wii would be another GameCube, therefore I said "don't start this **** again", as I've seen the discussion so many times before. It was not supposed to be pointed at you personally and I hope you didn't feel that way. I'm a friendly person personally, and the things I write would very rarely be pointed on someone personally.

Nightowl

I have loved Nintendo since NES came out because of their fresh ideas and excellent gameplay. I'd say that if you have an entertaining game, graphics really don't matter.

We may think graphics as wrapping paper and the present itself as gameplay.

AndreasC

Nightowl said:
I have loved Nintendo since NES came out because of their fresh ideas and excellent gameplay. I'd say that if you have an entertaining game, graphics really don't matter.

But graphics can be a part of the overall feel of a game too. It can very well be part of the gameplay. For many it is. But the graphics doesn't need to be the best ever possible just because of that. It doesn't have to be so good so it almost gets embarrassing. Nintendo has always made so that the graphics have been on an acceptable level, and I believe the graphics for the upcoming SMG for an example looks a lot better than just acceptable for this generation. It looks awesome, the games we have seen so far has just not lived up to the hype due to lazy developers, or may it be developers who wants to make money on the new and innovative remote. Whatever the reason may be, they really need to get things going.

PaoLoSt

are OK but , ps3 and 360 are better, maybe with a update or a new accesorie wii compare with they...

English bad :(
hablo español :(

Werbung:

Squiddy

Nightowl said:

Actually, graphics DO matter in the end of day, in my opinion at the least.

I mean, games like TP, OoT (back in 1998), Paper Mario, all of the FF games, MGS3, Shenmue II wouldn't be good without the excellent visuals. All of these games have made by jaws drop in terms of scale and size - and if a console is capable of making worlds as vast as these, than that's a thumbs up IMO.

The Wii has so much more to come, and there's MUCH more power than people think it has - I mean, it hasn't even had it's second wave of titles, and we're still seeing jaw-dropping games like RE:UC and Galaxy and Brawl - believe me, Nintendo had me fooled in thinking I own a technologically inferior console.

Screw it, I'd be happy if Shenmue 1 and 2 came to the Wii as the extra power would make it look amazing - but as long as I have a PS3 too to get those amazing titles, it doesn't worry me one bit.

Developers like SUDA51, Nintendo, Capcom, Factor5, SEGA, and definitely Square Enix will are the most capable of pushing consoles to their limits. ;)