Why the Wii was named Wii??

Werbung:
romsmans said:
Can someone tell, why the Wii was named Wii???

Because, unlike the Playstation or Xbox, it's for people who actually have real-life friends to come over and play multi. (wii = we, as in all of us).

Alternatively, it could be as if to say, it's for everyone of all genders and ages, which is true comparitively speaking. No console has ever atracted so many females or older generation people as the Wii, which is why its sales have been wiping the floor with the other next-gens.

Danny

actually it's because video game names change in different regions so they named it wii so everyone can pronounce it..

I'm sure there's more to it than that. They could have called it any number of things that everyone could pronounce (except the Japanese), so why Wii? I'm sure I read somewhere that it was because of the "everyone can play it" thing.

Lintz

Super YumYumYogurt 64 said:
I'm sure there's more to it than that. They could have called it any number of things that everyone could pronounce (except the Japanese), so why Wii? I'm sure I read somewhere that it was because of the "everyone can play it" thing.

Yeah sound's true. Think I heard or has read about that to. Don't remember where.

Danny

it's because of language pronouncation... i'm sure of it.. and for everyone here's a quote from Miyamoto
"Wii sounds like 'we', which emphasizes that the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii"

Shripe

Yeah, I second the answers about its simplicity and symbolism. "We" sounds a lot more appealing to a larger number of people.

Ryano

Khrysos said:
Whatever the reason was I like it...

Short, Simple and Unique

Well actually so do I. People laughed at it at first (I know i did) but it is actually quite a brilliant name rather then just adding numbers on to your new console's name.

Werbung:

gunners-4-life

“ Wii sounds like 'we', which emphasizes that the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii. â€ÂÂ
thats what nintendo said