RaNcid

i was on at 10. it looked like this

Counter Terrorist kills deaths ping
RaNcid 28 14 65

Terrorist
Griffin 14 28 30
no lizard king 0 0 0

RaNcid

hey , yeah i'm alright. My car wont start now... when i turn the key it doesn't even click. I guess the batteries dead? or the alternator? or it ran out of gas because i putt-putted into the drive way last night.... who knows. I got a job today when I stopped for a bite to eat at subway. I start that monday. Yesterday was my first day of class and we learned binary, decimal, hex, and how to convert them all. And we took apart a pc and put it back together... introduction to PCs in the class and its sooooo lame!

I'm gonna go change because allot of oil and vinigar got on my clothes and then go find a guy that knows shit about cars and hit on him so he fixes it. Hope your doing good. :]

WoRm5406

DiLLa said:
i kno some things about a cars i have worked on them for a good 10 yrs

Dilla she only wants to hit on you so you fix the car....

Like a female prey-mantis... eat thier mate and their young.....

RaNcid

hahah yeah you know how we do, welcome back worm. *kiss ass comment goes here*

Dilla, so... when i turn the key nothing happens. No turn over no clicky sound under the hood. We tried jumping my car but that only made the little ding ding sound come on when you leave the door open and the clock tried to come to view but only displayed the number 1. So I took out the battery and took it to some place to see if it was dead and it's 100% so i dont know... I'm going to clean out the cables tomorrow with some Coke and a grill brush... maybe that will work. Have any ideas what it is? I'm guessing its either the starter, cables, or the alternator?

DiLLa

RaNcid said:
Dilla, so... when i turn the key nothing happens. No turn over no clicky sound under the hood. We tried jumping my car but that only made the little ding ding sound come on when you leave the door open and the clock tried to come to view but only displayed the number 1. So I took out the battery and took it to some place to see if it was dead and it's 100% so i dont know... I'm going to clean out the cables tomorrow with some Coke and a grill brush... maybe that will work. Have any ideas what it is? I'm guessing its either the starter, cables, or the alternator?

ok well if battery is 100% lemme ask you this...were the posts on the battery tight or could you wiggle them a lil or a lot?
and is there a lot of corrosion around the battery

bc if the battery is 100% and the lights barely come on and clock only has 1 digit something isnt letting the power even get to your car...i would bet on a connection...are the wires that connect to the battery post in good shape? are the battery post connectors in good shape? are the wires installed tight on the battery post connector ...

o and uh if the battery posts are dirty i dont really think coke will do much...i insist you go get some battery acid cleaner its only 2 or 3 dollars at pep boys or some kinda auto store and a grill brush is good lol just dont use it to gril again

DigitalSword

Coke will get rid of Batt. Acid buildup.

When was the last time you checked or filled your oil.
You could have (worst case scenario) seized up your engine.
Not beign smart just asking because an unknown leak can ruin your day, my idiot cousin had a leak on a used car he just got and didnt know it, did an oil change, but the dash oil light was out, so he never got a warning and fried the car on the 480 bridge.(its a big bridge, embarassingg)

But you also said that there is no click when you try to turn it over, which usually means there is no power to the alternator or the alternator is dead.
Assumign your alternator works if the engine was seized the alternator wouls still click in trying to turn over the engine.

But since your battery is ok and your interior lights, door-ding and clock come on although its at 1(check your manual about this, it may signify a faulty fuse) im going to agree with dilla and say its something electrical, at worst its the electrical harness and depending on the car and year it can range from $100-$400 not including labor.

Sorry, hope it works out.

|DS|

Werbung:

RaNcid

thanks guy. I agree with it being some electrical crap. The oil level is fine. I check that routinely. So i dont think its my engine. I tried to jump it again last night and nothing happened. no sound or even a light. I'm still guessing the cables. I'm going to go look after I post this. The guy at the auto parts place ruled out the alternator so I'm not going to mess with that. I know recently my seats and my rear defrost stopped working and my car smelled like feet so I checked the fuses and I blew one of those longer thick metal ones. My dad tried to replace it but when he put the new on in it blew up too. So I've been driving without it for about 6 months and its been fine. Maybe I have a short? eh. I cant afford a mechanic until next month so any help is fantastic. I'm going to pick up the book for it and try too fix it myself... before friday morning so I can make it to class.

How about I just fly you up here dilla?