when will wii mote get cheaper?

Werbung:

Becky

blazen92 said:
man!! paying 40 bux for an extra wiimote is killin me.

Unfortunately, because the Wii is still selling so well it's unlikely that accessory prices will drop very soon.

Wii Play comes with a remote I believe, if you're interested. Alternatively, wait for a third-party wiimote to come on the market.

Gdog

Becky said:
blazen92 said:

Unfortunately, because the Wii is still selling so well it's unlikely that accessory prices will drop very soon.

Wii Play comes with a remote I believe, if you're interested. Alternatively, wait for a third-party wiimote to come on the market.

i wouldnt buy a third party wiimote. i will just wait a couple of years for the price to drop :)

Becky

Gdog said:
i wouldnt buy a third party wiimote. i will just wait a couple of years for the price to drop :)

Is that because you find the quality of third-party accesories inferior, or do you just prefer to buy original accessories on principle?

I bought an RGB scart cable yesterday. I could have got it cheaper as a third-party brand, but felt more comfortable sticking with the Nintendo one. Thought the quality might be better.

You can get good third-party stuff, but it can be a bit of a hit-and-miss affair. I can understand that people wouldn't want to take that chance and waste their money if it doesn't work out.

Gdog

Becky said:
Gdog said:

Is that because you find the quality of third-party accesories inferior, or do you just prefer to buy original accessories on principle?

I bought an RGB scart cable yesterday. I could have got it cheaper as a third-party brand, but felt more comfortable sticking with the Nintendo one. Thought the quality might be better.

You can get good third-party stuff, but it can be a bit of a hit-and-miss affair. I can understand that people wouldn't want to take that chance and waste their money if it doesn't work out.

The third party stuff is ok for games, but I wouldnt trust them with accesories...

hockeyhero

blazen92 said:

well as becky said before you can buy a 3rd party wiimote....actually i've made a thread that logitec has announced that they maybe will release a 3rd party wiimote so that might be a little cheaper than the actul wiimote

Gdog

hockeyhero said:
blazen92 said:

well as becky said before you can buy a 3rd party wiimote....actually i've made a thread that logitec has announced that they maybe will release a 3rd party wiimote so that might be a little cheaper than the actul wiimote

logitec makes pretty good controllers, but they shouldnt be too cheap, otherwise I would doubt its quality

hockeyhero

Gdog said:
hockeyhero said:
blazen92 said:

logitec makes pretty good controllers, but they shouldnt be too cheap, otherwise I would doubt its quality

well since it's third party i bet it'll be a little cheaper than the wiimote because if it's the same price or something then people would rather get wiimote since it's made from nintendo....

kaitora

Becky said:
Gdog said:

saying that i haven't heard anything good about the nintendo wi fi USB stick thing... i've heard it interferes with speakers and isn't always compatible

morey

i guess none of the accessories will get any cheaper untill after christmas because of the shortage from last christmas this will be the christmas that people will be buying and nintendo know this

ben209

I have heard that the bit inside the wiimote that allows the movement sensors anly costs $5 to produce. Obviously it cost a lot more to develop, but once the 'widget' (for want of a better phrase) is produced by a third party, surely the cost of remotes will come down.

Becky

Depends how much Nintendo charge as a licensing fee to utilise their technology. That will be factored into the price of any third-party device on top of actual manufacturing costs and profit margins.

Werbung:

kaitora

Becky said:
Depends how much Nintendo charge as a licensing fee to utilise their technology. That will be factored into the price of any third-party device on top of actual manufacturing costs and profit margins.

well said... there are lots of bits and bobs in the wii mote, and if other manufacturers decide to replicate the wii mote they will face a law suit, so they need nintendo's permission in order to make a replica wii mote...