what mod is the best

Werbung:

laiscallonis

challe_wii said:
what mod is the best??????

The one wich is more compatible and has more connections to the Wii..I think.. Tell me how many you knoe of them..So I may test them.

Because you are talking about Hardware are'nt you?:mega_shok:

Sousanator

Squiddy said:
None - most of them have been rendered unusable because of the latest Wii Updates. ;)

None of them have been rendered useless, they ALL still work.
Only the setup disks (which have now been fixed) didn't work after the update.

As for the best modchip, there isn't really one. They all basically have the same compatibly, and do the same thing. If there was one modchip I had to recommend, it would be the CycloWiz, but it is a little more to solder if you want to use it to the fullest potential.

badboykane

Open source are the best value, same compatibility as all the others, more compatibility with Gamecube games.
Wiikey is only compatible with about 70% of GC games where all the other chips are compatible with 99%.

For value I would go opensource and get WiiFree, you can buy a programmer with a chip for about £7, hex is free to download and thats all you need.
Solder it in and the possibilities are endless.

As said above, ALL chips still work after the 3.0 update.

Sousanator

Danny said:
badboykane said:
Not really my friends wii got ruined after the update YOU got lucky ;)

Your friend must have done something wrong, either bad install, or just didn't check good enough, because Nintendo just stopped that one method of freeloader, nothing else. ALL properly installed modchips work fine.

Danny

Sousanator said:
Danny said:
badboykane said:
Not really my friends wii got ruined after the update YOU got lucky ;)

Your friend must have done something wrong, either bad install, or just didn't check good enough, because Nintendo just stopped that one method of freeloader, nothing else. ALL properly installed modchips work fine.

Probably did but at least modded wii's cant use the freeloader anymore.. maybe next updates will stop the method of an emulator or something else..

Werbung:

badboykane

Danny said:
but at least modded wii's cant use the freeloader anymore
Modded Wii consoles can, you just load GCOS first then boot freeloader. A modded Wii don't need freeloader anyway for gamecube games, all chips except WiiKey can play 99% of GC games worldwide

Apakarta said:
yeah wiikey is the best but its hasnt come an update yet:(
The lack of update means it isn't the best chip. The update is to sort out the Gamecube problem, WiiKey can only play about 70% of Gamecube games, it struggles when using GCOS, struggles with homebrew and the update is meant to fix this, if there is actually an update ever released. There was meant to be one back on 15th May this year but WiiKey lied about that one just to make people keep buying.

WiiKey is not the best by far. It WAS the most popular but being the most popular doesn't make it the best.

Most people think WiiKey is the best because thats all they have heard of, or the only chip they have tried. When you are a person who has tried and tested over 10 of the available chips then you caon compare and you would then see WiiKey isn't the best by far.