Viper skinning requests

Viper

Well i was looking at madmans requests spot and ive been inspired to make my own to help advance my skinning career. I will only to skins for wc3 models(no custom models as i cant do those yet) and with a breif description of what you would like changed.

Peace out

ps also will do sigs but will pm those to you

Werbung:

Falcoknight

Hey, can you make me a dragon using the paladin model, make his skin scaly and his face reptilian, his clothes should be blue, with a green belt. His moustache could be made into some pincer thing, and his beard could be alpha'd into something. His scales should be green.

Viper

Yes i know that's why im not making any promises...then again he probaly posted it just to challenge me.I'll try it except the beard i have no clu what alphaing is or how to do it.

Viper

I have a site for skinning tuts on the program i use but w/e deals with alpha doesnt explain it in context(as in not at all)

Benx_X

it does lol, in an old blade master skin i made i rubbed out the sword a bit so it looked jagged, and it did so you can make some pretty cool stuff sometimes

Dragonskull

Alphaing is simple, in .blp skins there is a channel called 'Alpha 1', which uses black and white to determine alpha. When you convert to .tga, you will keep the layer. I don't know what happens with .jpg (but I think it goes away) and .bmp is just crap. :p
What you do; when you want to, say alpha out a sword, you select the sword with a selecting tool, and change channel into 'Alpha 1', then you turn the part you want to remove black. And check what happens in the viewer - either, nothing happens, it changes into teamcolor, or it gets removed. This can only be determined by the modeller, who sets what kind of mesh it shall be. :p

A little messy, but it should be a fair enough explanation.

Werbung: