Triggering Help for RPG type games

Tenebrae

Alright, now that I'm making my own RPG type campaign, I need a little help.

So, how do I:

1: Make it so that a hero can level beyond 10?
2: Make it so that a hero can only carry one weapon and maybe shield at a time?
3: If possible, increase the amount of stuff I can import into wc3 editor?

That's pretty much all I've thought up so far, but I might need help with other stuff. So if anyone would be kind enough to answer those questions for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Tenebrae, it would be a good idea to check out some Tutorials BEFORE you start asking questions. Because quite a few of these can be answered that way.
1. I QUOTE from mapper/starting modeller's tutorial.
1. Go to Advanced at the top toolbar.
2. Go to gameplay constants.

3. Scroll down to hero
4. srcoll down to hero maximum.
5. Scroll down to hero maximum level. [/b]
2. You have to make all shields/swords one kind of item type (Campaign, Misc., etc) but swords be one unit type, and shields the other.
Then you have to make a trigger to limit how many you can have. I'll look that up later.
3. As far as I know, there's no limit to what you can import. However, there is a limit if you want to have your map on B.Net. Then your map size can't go beyond 4MB. I recommend importing as little as possible if that is the case.

Tenebrae

I'm not planning on making this a Bnet thing. I'm working on the Kelendras campaign, which actually won't have too much imported stuff other than a couple of models and maybe some extra music.
I'm also working on a different game that's gonna have tons of imported stuff, but so far, I'm not intending on posting it on the internet.

Anyway, thanks for the answers to my questions. I think it's good enough to get me started.

maTt540

Good to know my tutorial actually helped (on wc3sear.ch, my tutorial is "bland", "missing to much", "to choppy", "crappy", etc. )

Abelhawk

For the sword and shield, I suggest you simply make it so that if you pick up the same type of item (sword/shield) it drops the one in your inventory. That would be less annoying than it saying "You can only carry one of that type of item at a time" and making you drop it by yourself. Anyway, Tenebrae, I'd be glad to help with any triggers you need. Just PM me (or e-mail would be easier. For me anyway)

Tenebrae

Alrighty then, new question: Is there a way to make it so that your character doesn't attack unless you repeatedly right-click on an opponent? Kind of like in Diablo, only with the right button instead.

Tenebrae

Meh, I wasn't cut out to be a JASSer. My friend Abelhawk is investigating how to do that attack system, but he's already figuring out how to do the movement and cinematics and tons of other triggering stuff for my game....
and what the heck is "JASS" anyway? I don't mean to sound like a noob, and I know it has something to do with triggering, but i've never heard an actual definition of the word "JASS"...

Undead_Lives

JASS is the true programming language of the World Editor. Think of GUI as the "easy mode" and JASS as the true mode. When save a map, all your GUI triggers are converted to JASS and that's how the game runs the triggers.

Werbung: