Tom Clancy Books

BossMaroni

Anyone read Clive Cussler ?

I remember reading Raise the Titanic and a few others back in the early 80's. I liked them well enough. I kinda gave up on his books, though. Not sure why. I probably had too many other things to read.

Jonathan Maberry is the guy who's blowing me away right now. I can't get enough of his books.

I'll have to check out John Birmingham.

Has anyone read The Survivalist series by Jerry Ahern? Kinda cheesy 80's apocalypse story. I loved it. Written before the fall of the USSR, though, so it's dated now.

Werbung:
E

Elite SEAL

I remember reading Raise the Titanic and a few others back in the early 80's. I liked them well enough. I kinda gave up on his books, though. Not sure why. I probably had too many other things to read.

Jonathan Maberry is the guy who's blowing me away right now. I can't get enough of his books.

I'll have to check out John Birmingham.

Has anyone read The Survivalist series by Jerry Ahern? Kinda cheesy 80's apocalypse story. I loved it. Written before the fall of the USSR, though, so it's dated now.

lol, every apocalypse kind of book or media was written or made in the 80's it seems like. Or things like zombies taking over the world, humans with names like XG7000, cyborgs, etc.

its really funny, if anyone has played the game "time spliters," it was made in like, 1990, and one of the levels is in 2005, and your characters fight their way through a "cyber den," full of zombies and cyborgs.

Jordan B

lol, every apocalypse kind of book or media was written or made in the 80's it seems like. Or things like zombies taking over the world, humans with names like XG7000, cyborgs, etc.

its really funny, if anyone has played the game "time spliters," it was made in like, 1990, and one of the levels is in 2005, and your characters fight their way through a "cyber den," full of zombies and cyborgs.

I don't remember 2005 like that . . . . . .

Lol . I liked the book that the movie "I am Legend" is based on. It's pretty cool .

My fav Tom Clancy are Without remorse, Rainbow six and Clear and Present danger.
Good books, the main charater in Clancy books are either Jack Ryan or John Clark.

E

Elite SEAL

My fav Tom Clancy are Without remorse, Rainbow six and Clear and Present danger.
Good books, the main charater in Clancy books are either Jack Ryan or John Clark.

have you seen the movie "Clear and Present Danger"? It was pretty good, it stars Harrison Ford.

King3vil

i've been thinking of starting to read these books but i dont know which one to start with. Is there like a first tom clancy book that everyone should read?

E

Elite SEAL

i've been thinking of starting to read these books but i dont know which one to start with. Is there like a first tom clancy book that everyone should read?

well...For the fictional books -start with "The Hunt for Red October" that is the first one -there is a complete list usually somewhere in the very beginning or the end of all the books.

non fiction -idk -I don't think they are a series really.

I agree with Elite, but it kinda depends on which story ark you want to follow (they merge in many books)

John Clark aka Kelly = bad A navy seal now CIA and later head of team rainbow
or
Jack Ryan= CIA analysis and stuff (i would tell you but i consider it a plot spoiler)

speaking strictly chronologically the plot follows Jack Ryan the most

according to Wikipedia
Jack Ryan/John Clark Universe

* Without Remorse (1993) (John Clark, Jack's father Emmett Ryan)
* Patriot Games (1987)
* Red Rabbit (2002)
* The Hunt for Red October (1984)
* The Cardinal of the Kremlin (1988)
* Clear and Present Danger (1989)
* The Sum of All Fears (1991)
* Debt of Honor (1994)
* Executive Orders (1996)
* Rainbow Six (1998) (John Clark, Jack Ryan by reference)
* The Bear and the Dragon (2000)
* The Teeth of the Tiger (2003) (Jack Ryan Jr.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryanverse

Without remorse is quite violent (well more graphic) however don't let it put you off, most of the books aren't (considering your playing CA it shouldn't put you off)
either way both Red October and without remorse are good starting points.
I read Hunt first.

E

Elite SEAL

I agree with Elite, but it kinda depends on which story ark you want to follow (they merge in many books)

John Clark aka Kelly = bad A navy seal now CIA and later head of team rainbow
or
Jack Ryan= CIA analysis and stuff (i would tell you but i consider it a plot spoiler)

speaking strictly chronologically the plot follows Jack Ryan the most

according to Wikipedia
Jack Ryan/John Clark Universe

* Without Remorse (1993) (John Clark, Jack's father Emmett Ryan)
* Patriot Games (1987)
* Red Rabbit (2002)
* The Hunt for Red October (1984)
* The Cardinal of the Kremlin (1988)
* Clear and Present Danger (1989)
* The Sum of All Fears (1991)
* Debt of Honor (1994)
* Executive Orders (1996)
* Rainbow Six (1998) (John Clark, Jack Ryan by reference)
* The Bear and the Dragon (2000)
* The Teeth of the Tiger (2003) (Jack Ryan Jr.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryanverse

Without remorse is quite violent (well more graphic) however don't let it put you off, most of the books aren't (considering your playing CA it shouldn't put you off)
either way both Red October and without remorse are good starting points.
I read Hunt first.

Isn't John Clark the guy in Cardianl of the Kremlin that goes into Estonia to get those 2 ladies and brings them back to the USS Dallas? Cause CotK is a Jack Ryan book.

Werbung: