The Metal Thread

Andy

metal.jpg

Here's a thread for all the metalheads out there to discuss their favourite genre!

I myself always listen to thrash metal, sometimes heavy metal and speed metal.
Bands, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Kreator. Only thrash bands. Sometimes I also listen to Joe Satriani, the man who taught Metallica's lead guitarrist Kirk Hammet to play the Guitarr.

Werbung:

Yeno

I like Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Shadows Fall and Pantera.

I especially like the "founding fathers" of metal like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Guns 'N' Roses, Motorhead etc.

Zigurat

Been a metal fan for a long time now, I have no idea which is my favourite band though :p. I like Thrash/Speed, Black, Heavy, Doom, Folk, Viking and Death metal.

@Yeno - Guns N' Roses was not a part of the "founding fathers".

Andy

Yeno, you've got to start listening to Kreator. If you like Slayer, you will absolutely love them. :)

Zigurat, Thrash and Speed are the greatest! Black and heavy are awesome, and Death is completely OK. But how can you actually listen to Viking, Doom and Folk? =P
Aw well, as long as you don't start listening to Gethic, I'm glad. Haha! ^_^

Zigurat

Andy said:
Yeno, you've got to start listening to Kreator. If you like Slayer, you will absolutely love them. :)

Zigurat, Thrash and Speed are the greatest! Black and heavy are awesome, and Death is completely OK. But how can you actually listen to Viking, Doom and Folk? =P
Doom is awsome you got bands like Candlemass, Reverend Bizarre, Saint Vitus and so on. Viking got some really sweet bands aswell like later Bathory, Einherjer, Týr and viking/folk/black bands like Moonsorrow, early Ulver, Månegarm, Vintersorg. Alot to be found in these genres. My favourite genre by far is Thrash/Speed though.

Gothic sucks, I hate it!

Andy

Zigurat said:
Andy said:

Doom is awsome you got bands like Candlemass, Reverend Bizarre, Saint Vitus and so on. Viking got some really sweet bands aswell like later Bathory, Einherjer, Týr and viking/folk/black bands like Moonsorrow, early Ulver, Månegarm, Vintersorg. Alot to be found in these genres. My favourite genre by far is Thrash/Speed though.

Gothic sucks, I hate it!

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, so I respect yours. Haha! :)
The most Death I can listen to is Arch Enemy.

What thrash-band are you listening to? :)

Werbung:

Zigurat

Andy said:
Zigurat said:
Andy said:

Gothic sucks, I hate it!

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, so I respect yours. Haha! :)
The most Death I can listen to is Arch Enemy.

What thrash-band are you listening to? :)
Arch Enemy isn't really Death imo :p

I listen to alot of Thrash bands, for example:
- Sodom
- Dekapitator
- Kreator (early)
- Violator
- Heathen
- Exodus (early)
- Slayer (early)
- Destruction (early)
- Overkill (early)
- Dark Angel