The Massacre

Thursday

I was thiking of creating a new game, and trying to be more original of games ive never played, i came up with an idea of kinda like a survival game in the wilderness... Build a fortress / town or w/e team up with players and stuff, and you fight off monsters (players or ai, not sure yet) or if u wanna be evil, you could betray ppl and attack them, just with and without alliances and stuff

I will be workin on the basic map laout first, then kinda go on from there, i was looking for a team to help, prefer some custom icons perhaps and prob SOME models, and i need more ideas for it... Testers will be last part of my worrys sooo yea... Im oka at triggers, so a more advanced knowledgebase at it would be loads of help, please reply@

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

I can help you with ideas... :p
But that's about it.
However, this sounds quite a lot like Dark Deeds...except still different.
Good idea though.

Thursday

Yea i figured that after thinking more, but in dark deeds, u cant really befriend ppl, unless u TURN evil... but feel free to post all ur ideas here.. (or i prefer PM)

Thursday

Heres a rundown of it i made... storylines a bit bleh, but gives some inside of to what is kinda going on...

-The Massacre
--WC3 map by Thursdae
---Max Players: 10

|.Story Line.|

In present day Azeroth, both humans and orcs are beginning to expand all across Kalimdor, settling in whatever locations they can find. Yet, there is a stir about... The scourge are coming about, and humans are being chased out of their towns, fleeing to where ever they can go. One day a group of travelers came across beautiful land and decided to call it their own. Something about this land was off... People began betraying each other and many people went missing... Many of the people broke off into seperate groups, hoping to create their own towns hoping they could make a better settlement.
Weeks later, the day came... People became sick, many died... Then people began to notice shadows around parts of town, many parts of farms and land had died... Towns built up their defenses and thats when the scourge arose... There were many great battles, many towns survived while many were destroyed... Its your turn to fight, build a town alone, or with a friend, get ready to fight!

|.Details.|
- Beginning will start in woods where you will seperate or go into groups and create a new town in a settlement
- Some farms / Areas will start to or be dead
- As you build a town, more townsfolk will arrive and build up with you ( AI / Later Version )
- You will have a couple days to get ready, and you will not know when they will attack ( Later Versions = Aggrovated attacks, like if u step in their territory or something )
- Players will be allied at beginning, but may unally, if they feel like attacking another...
- You can choose to join the scourge ( Later Version - Details later )

More Details will come soon as it develops, feel free to PM me with ideas!
[/b]

james1654

I could help you with triggers, because you keep saying "in later versions" for triggers that i'd find extremely easy, so it makes me think ur strugling with triggers.

Thursday

Not really struggling, i just havent started yet, i may add those now, by later ersions i jsut mean like not in the first couple betas and stuff, but if u could help on some of those, that would be great

Thursday

:D Thanks guys, i was workin on the layout about an hour ago and never saved, and then damn POWER WENT OUT!! -.-

Well im restarting it now, so im trying to make new ideas to make it original :)

Thursday

At the moment, the terrain is looking good... i kinda wanted to add more detail to it, but i guess ill put it in a later version... tonight ill finish up the terrain and start on the units for the game, there will be some custom models used, so it doesnt look so plain :D

The units i want done by wednesday or Thursday so i will try my best, then work on upgrades, items, and spells to be done by sunday, then i will create more stuff and start the triggering/jass

Thats all for the updates today!

ragingspeedhorn

Remember to try to reduce the quality of the models and skins so they dont take up so much space in the map, also try having the imported stuff at a minimum so your map doesent become a too large file, people on BNet dont want to wait for a 2mb map to dl.

Thursday

Heres some terrain shots and stuff, i will add more as the map progresses, but here it is so far

Starting area where (later version) you can choose a counterpart and begin anew
Layout5.png

Friendly village people, whom you will be able to purcahse certain potions and food from
Layout4.png

The scourge area where at night they will lurk and try to destroy... i suggest you dont go there until you have a HUGE army...
Layout3.png

Simple farms will be availble to players to grow food and more to sell to other people, or keep for yourselve
Layout2.png

The pond where you will be able to fight some creatures for cash/items and train your men
Layout1.png

Thats it for terrain... some things ima try to work on is, trading areas, where players can put certain items for trade to others in a building... that would be a nice feature im sure people would enjoy

Updates later on as i progress!!!
Thanks for your interest!

Werbung:

ragingspeedhorn

Vary the use of tiles a bit more and deform the terrain abit, not only by noise because that will end up looking unnatural but also by lower and raise the terrain.