Thanatos Arena

Thanatos_820

Thanatos Arena

In the glorious wastelands of Icecrown lies an arena of ice and rock. Many challegers visit here to gain great prizes, or they just lie dead on the battleground. Here, 12 hero wanna-bes select the soul they want to be. Choose wisely and fight to the death, before your enemies claim victory, over you! In this battle, there are no draws and a lot of violence...but most of all...no RULES! But..watch out...you're not alone in this battlefield.

You've all probably been wondering why I asked for the hero suggestions if I never told you why (<- Those who never ever knew, but have posted suggestions in Clan CBS Forums). Well, now you know: Thanatos Arena. Thanatos Arena is quite similar to Kalima Arena and Legends Arena, but except with my ideas and whoever suggested an idea. If you never played an arena map, I suggest look on the Quests section. I didn't release this yet, but I'm really looking forward to doing it. Here is some information of the map:

Map Name: Thanatos Arena
Current Version: 1.0
Expansion: Yes
Map Type: Custom Arena
Playable Map Size: 224 x 224
Map Size description: Epic
AI: Yes
Players: 12
Regions: 11
Triggers: 16
Variables: 0
Sounds: 1
Doodads: 944
Heroes: 14
Progress: |||||||||| 75%
Terrain: |||||||||| 85%
Heroes: |||||||||| 95%
Triggers: |||||||||| 50%
Spells: |||||||||| 45%

Screenshots are up now!!! If you know of this project in Clan CBS Forums, then there is no need to repeat what you said in Clan CBS Forums, okay?

DO NOTS:
-Don't ask about that there are no variables so it's a failure. It's not completed yet.
-Don't ask about the so called 'theme" of the map. You have to briefly explain it.
-Don't ask about that there are few triggers and it's half done.

FAQ:

Q: Why are there only 14 heroes?
A: It's the first version.

Q: When will you release this map?
A: Someday in January of February.

Q: Can I post a hero, item, or idea suggestion?
A: Yes you may, but keep the suggestion neat. Many users have an issue about not keeping suggestions neat. If your suggestion is quite unreadable, it will not be appied to the map.

Q: What kind of heroes are you looking for?
A: Any kind of hero from your own mind.

Q: Can you list the heroes?
A: Yes:

1. Arcanus the Dragoon Spellweaver
2. Vandalar the Dragoon Nightmare
3. Azerath the Hellfire Champion
4. Xethos the Voidmaster
5. Conglor the Frost Giant
6. Pyrus the Cat-a-Pult
7. Firgid the Master Fire Mage
8. Bouldernox the Stone Giant
9. Granitzoid the Granite Giant
10. Mechanoid the Alpha Golem
11. Dracula the Elder Vampire
12. Nerubios the Nerubian Overlord
13. Ilite the Troll Inflamer
14. Redclaw the Wolf Warrior

Thanks for viewing,
-Thanatos_820

SCREENSHOTS!

Ice Garden (Adding Snowmen later)
ScreenshotV21.jpg

Death Spire
ScreenshotV22.jpg

Arena Center
ScreenshotV23.jpg

Overhead Screenshot
Not Avaliable

Werbung:

Squishy-1

is it just a simple hero arena style map, because if it is i suggest lowering demensions i would be annoyed running a huge distance everytime i die

Thanatos_820

is it just a simple hero arena style map, because if it is i suggest lowering demensions i would be annoyed running a huge distance everytime i die

No it's not going to be like that. The size is actually fairly small. 45% of the map is arena, 30% of the map is the middle, and 25% of the map is for bases. You can teleport back to base with special stones (Lumber) which you get every 3 minutes. It's like this: Every 3 minutes, you're allowed to get a quick teleport. It cost 1 for a quick teleport, so if you save up, you can escape from battle more often (Best used if your health is below 10% or 15%). Should I increase the time to get a teleport stone or don't use teleprt stones and make others buy them?

EDIT:
Should I add hirable mercenaries or leave it as it is?

Thanatos_820

I have a few questions:

1. Should I make the heroes in taverns to save space or have them outside and you can see their stats?

2. Can anyone post a very short trigger that can allow every player to get something like teleport stones?

3. Do any of you guys have item ideas?

4. Do you think my terraining skills are good even though I'm a newbie at it?

Undead_Lives

1. You can make stats available if you put them in the info part of the screen for tavern selection. Other than that, it's up to you.
2. There's already an item that allows you to teleport, staff of teleportation. If you want to make it a starting skill, make it a skill. Just remember to turn the skill to hero skill and not item.
3. Items are quite simple. You have your basics, which are basic boosting items. Stats, HP/MP, armor, etc. Then you have some ability items, and it's always a good idea to have aura items.
4. They're just fine.

Thanatos_820

1. You can make stats available if you put them in the info part of the screen for tavern selection. Other than that, it's up to you.
2. There's already an item that allows you to teleport, staff of teleportation. If you want to make it a starting skill, make it a skill. Just remember to turn the skill to hero skill and not item.
3. Items are quite simple. You have your basics, which are basic boosting items. Stats, HP/MP, armor, etc. Then you have some ability items, and it's always a good idea to have aura items.
4. They're just fine.

Thanks for answering ;). Maybe the Teleport Stone shouldn't be a resource, maybe it should be a starting skill with a 180 cooldown timer. I won't be able to show the overhead image today because of the terrain. I also need to set up the bases for the players so it will take a while. I'm also going to Las Vegas today so it will be around afternoon.

Thanatos_820

Crap! I forgot that the laptop I currently am using doesn't have Paintshop Pro 9! I'm away from home, can't resize the image, and I have to convert it into a jpeg. file! So, you'll all have to wait until Thursday (GMT -8:00). Sorry for the overhead screenshot and the problems I have here :(.

Werbung: