Genre: 2D > Action > Platformer
Publisher Nintendo
Developer: Intelligent Systems
ESRB Rating: E

Release Dates
03/19/94 JP
04/18/94 US
07/28/94 EU

My Brother got a Super Nintendo in 1994 it was bundled along with Super Mario All-stars and Super Metroid, before that all we had we only had a Atari 2600 which wasn't the best of craic as it sucked

Any way this game has always been special to me and i have always regarded it as my favorite game ever, even when the gaming industry entered the 3D era, even the best looking games in my mind never got in the way between me and Super Metroid, lol that may sound weird but i absolutely love this game.

I first Finished this game when i was 5 and have finished it about 300+ times start to finish haha

anyway now for the review

Graphics: the Graphics in this game are arguably the best on the SNES with only DK country as its main contender amount of detail for a 16 bit game was astonishing for its time, the enemies backgrounds and all the other sprites in the game are absolutely great. it betters any 2D metroid game that have come out, even 10 years later haha funny

Gameplay: this is were Super Metroid sets the Classics from the simply NOT Classics, there is a tiny bit of RPG in it were as you need to upgrade your weapons and armor to progress further in the game, there is also cool techniques that are simply cool, one for example lets you repel of walls to reach higher hights IE wall jumping. the physics in this game has been yet to be matched by any other 2D metroid past or present

The Game is based on Planet Zebes ( after the baby Metroid is stolen from Ceres Space Station) and your objective is to recover it and destroy Mother Brain the tyrant from the original game

SuperMetroid2.gif

Music: The Music in this Game is one of the best music scores ever in any game as the music is very atmospheric and it captures the environment you are in very well, it is a reason alone to fall in love with the game

Size: Thiis Game has a huge world which new gamers would find a challenge however with the very handy map system its a little easier than the original the Map spanned across 6 different sections of Planet Zebes was breath taking stuff however now i know my way about haha lol.

met3map.gif

Replay Value: This Game has huge replay value as its a very fun game, and i cannot put it down, Nintendos biggest mistake was not releasing this on the GBA as i would have loved to have been able to play it on the move however with the PSP and a bit of know how haha thats all im saying, anyway there has been alot of fun ways to play this game.

Speed run: this Game is the arguably the best speed running game ever as the controls make it a delight to play, it requires getting to the end of the game in the fastest time possible

100% Speed run this involves not only finishing the game as fast as possible but getting all the items, this makes the player test the fastest route around Zebes

No Boss run: This involves getting as far in the game possible with the least amount of weapons using a technique which is called sequence breaking and usually involves using the games bugs to your advantage , (my best in this is getting the screw attack without any suits/or killing Golden Torizo

Nintendo did a great job on this game. I congratulate them for that. In my eyes, Super Metroid is a classic always to be remembered. If you havn't played this game, then I suggest you get it as soon as it comes out on the VC console

okay its score, to tell the truth i know theres no such thing as a complete game as EVERY game can be improved however for this game being my all time favorite and the fact that its been voted best game ever multipal times im gonna give it a score of 98% (i really should give it more) as i feel that its the best 2D game ever.[/font]

Werbung:

metroid0070

Okay this tears it, I'm getting it on VC. Great review, although i used to have SNES and I stunk at Wall-Jumping. Oh well, that was 4 years ago, maybe I'll be better now.

Jailbreak

i love the 2D metroid game, dam why do I have to live in the UK, well, i guess ill go get a wii points card to get this as soon as its out, cheers

guyofgod

Sorry if this is missplaced but the Metroid Prime 3 demo doesn't work on my Wii. It gets to the menu of it but then it won't let me pick anyof them and I don't have a cursor. I can highlight it but it won't let me click it. I have the new Wii 3.0 firmware if that helps.

MaxiPower

its not but im sure it wont be long till we get it, seeing prime 3 comes out on oct 26 ( 3 days after my Bday) hehe Super will be here in the coming weeks, i plan to finish it inside the hour its released

mooglamachuck

This is my favorite SNES game of all time and one of my all time favorite games ever. I've completed it dozens of times and still love every bit of it. I'll even download it when it comes to the VC, even tho I own the cart!

MaxiPower said:
The Second of my Retro Reviews

Super Metroid

SuperMetroidboite.jpg

Genre: 2D > Action > Platformer
Publisher Nintendo
Developer: Intelligent Systems
ESRB Rating: E

Release Dates
03/19/94 JP
04/18/94 US
07/28/94 EU

My Brother got a Super Nintendo in 1994 it was bundled along with Super Mario All-stars and Super Metroid, before that all we had we only had a Atari 2600 which wasn't the best of craic as it sucked

Any way this game has always been special to me and i have always regarded it as my favorite game ever, even when the gaming industry entered the 3D era, even the best looking games in my mind never got in the way between me and Super Metroid, lol that may sound weird but i absolutely love this game.

I first Finished this game when i was 5 and have finished it about 300+ times start to finish haha

anyway now for the review

Graphics: the Graphics in this game are arguably the best on the SNES with only DK country as its main contender amount of detail for a 16 bit game was astonishing for its time, the enemies backgrounds and all the other sprites in the game are absolutely great. it betters any 2D metroid game that have come out, even 10 years later haha funny

Gameplay: this is were Super Metroid sets the Classics from the simply NOT Classics, there is a tiny bit of RPG in it were as you need to upgrade your weapons and armor to progress further in the game, there is also cool techniques that are simply cool, one for example lets you repel of walls to reach higher hights IE wall jumping. the physics in this game has been yet to be matched by any other 2D metroid past or present

The Game is based on Planet Zebes ( after the baby Metroid is stolen from Ceres Space Station) and your objective is to recover it and destroy Mother Brain the tyrant from the original game

SuperMetroid2.gif

Music: The Music in this Game is one of the best music scores ever in any game as the music is very atmospheric and it captures the environment you are in very well, it is a reason alone to fall in love with the game

Size: Thiis Game has a huge world which new gamers would find a challenge however with the very handy map system its a little easier than the original the Map spanned across 6 different sections of Planet Zebes was breath taking stuff however now i know my way about haha lol.

met3map.gif

Replay Value: This Game has huge replay value as its a very fun game, and i cannot put it down, Nintendos biggest mistake was not releasing this on the GBA as i would have loved to have been able to play it on the move however with the PSP and a bit of know how haha thats all im saying, anyway there has been alot of fun ways to play this game.

Speed run: this Game is the arguably the best speed running game ever as the controls make it a delight to play, it requires getting to the end of the game in the fastest time possible

100% Speed run this involves not only finishing the game as fast as possible but getting all the items, this makes the player test the fastest route around Zebes

No Boss run: This involves getting as far in the game possible with the least amount of weapons using a technique which is called sequence breaking and usually involves using the games bugs to your advantage , (my best in this is getting the screw attack without any suits/or killing Golden Torizo

Nintendo did a great job on this game. I congratulate them for that. In my eyes, Super Metroid is a classic always to be remembered. If you havn't played this game, then I suggest you get it as soon as it comes out on the VC console

okay its score, to tell the truth i know theres no such thing as a complete game as EVERY game can be improved however for this game being my all time favorite and the fact that its been voted best game ever multipal times im gonna give it a score of 98% (i really should give it more) as i feel that its the best 2D game ever.[/font]

supersujay

wait is this metriod game 800 points? it was the hardest metriod game i ever played more like the hardest game i have ever played but was so fun and is like the best metriod game ever

Werbung:

hockeyhero

supersujay said:
wait is this metriod game 800 points? it was the hardest metriod game i ever played more like the hardest game i have ever played but was so fun and is like the best metriod game ever

yes it is 800 points and it's worth every penny:friends: