Ray of hope for Rare games on VC

hockeyhero

Well i just found something else guys....maybe it'll lift your spirits..:yess:

"Some interesting news for those who fear that some of the jewels in the N64 crown may never get released on the VC. Our friends at RareWare have now stated "it's ultimately Nintendo's decision what gets released" on their own official website.

It would appear from this statement that Nintendo does indeed own the publishing rights to the Rare games published on the Nintendo 64 so we might eventually start to see Banjo and gang on the VC.

In direct response to a question about Banjo Kazooie coming to the VC the reply was given "Banjo team: Maybe, but not up to us". In addition to this in an example of l33t spk from people who really should know better Rare said: "Beyond the DKC games we don't have anything in the pipeline at the moment, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in future. OMG CORPERATE ANSER#!1".

Perhaps for the first time we now have a glimmer of hope that the Banjo games and ultimately maybe all the classic Rare games may one day be available for download in the Wii Shop. Let's hope so anyway!"

Full link..... http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/155/rare-confirms-banjo-possibility-for-the-virtual-console.php

Werbung:

Quinn

Well, if it's really Ninty's descision, they should do it, considering how much money some would dish out for a copy of Banjo, or Geye...
Thanks for info hh :friends:

kaitora

nintendo realises there is a lot of money in it... maybe they are just holding it back... i mean look at it, they release 4 games a week... they are doing it on purpose... maybe waiting for a slow in sales possibly

hockeyhero

Quinn said:
Well, if it's really Ninty's descision, they should do it, considering how much money some would dish out for a copy of Banjo, or Geye...
Thanks for info hh :friends:

no problem quinn....:friends:

kaitora said:
nintendo realises there is a lot of money in it... maybe they are just holding it back... i mean look at it, they release 4 games a week... they are doing it on purpose... maybe waiting for a slow in sales possibly

thats true...or maybe nintendo wants everyone to get hyped up so it would attract more people or something.....i just hope nintendo makes the right decision...us

jesta

More hope... :)

A portion of a Gamasutra interview with Rare software engineer James Thomas and designer Justin Cook…

GS: I mentioned Killer Instinct  a lot of people are hoping that you guys are going to do that again. I thought it would be very difficult since you’re Microsoft-owned, but if you do have that relationship, then on the handheld page…

JT: The thing is, when we were working with Nintendo, there were some properties that were ours  and are ours, furthermore. Banjo is a great example. Banjo is all ours, although potentially Nintendo could release the old games for the Virtual Console on the Wii. Any future ventures would be from Rare on whatever format we’re working on. It’s a pretty even split. Obviously they didn’t give us Donkey Kong. I don’t know why. (laughs)

Full interview

wannabebassist

I can't see nintendo turning this chance down, I know alot of people liked banjo kazooie, but never played banjo tooie, because it was hard to find, some of these games are worth plenty of money to nintendo

Werbung: