PREVIEW: Are Wii Fit?

Liister87

Another review, just to build up a writing style in my head ready for some more reviews to come. Tell me what you think! :) Thanks

[size=medium]Wii, every little helps?[/size]

wiifit_sslg3.jpg
wiifit_sslg4.jpg

Nintendo Wii is fast becoming a games console and calorie burner all in one, with WiiFitness coming out, some apparent Wii Weights to help burn those calories and the already popular WiiSports keeping kids 40%* healthier than they are just sitting and playing games, it looks as if Wii has a big upperhand on their rivals yet.

Now we've all sweated a few drops on WiiSports boxing, and even got the good old Bowling shoulder, but wait there thats not the end of it, nintendo aims to make us sweat more, and have decided to build on the popularity of WiiSports to make you feel the burn for longer, with the releases of WiiFitness and the WiiFitness Board.

Reggie Fil-Aime (President of Nintendo America) was quoted as saying this about the new game and board:

“Our objective with Wii Fit is all about expanding the audience and taking advantage of what our consumers are already doing with Wii Sports, they’re using it to workout and lose weight this [Wii Fit] just drives it in a whole new wayâ€ÂÂ

With obesity becoming a growing problem in the UK, Wii can only be a helpful tool in the battle, , and with kids burning calories without even realising it, and eating Jamie Oliver's way, who knows, the UK may not be the "most obese" country in europe afterall.

WiiFitness contains over 40 different challenges, from Yoga to Muscle Conditioning where the Wii Fitness board will be used to do challenges such as Ski Jumping to really burn those thighs, Hula Hooping to help lose those love handles playing Playstation gave you, and press ups to build up your button bashing arms, WiiFitness looks to be twice as popular a game as WiiSports is.

Now if only Jamie Oliver could incorporate a "Wii Fitness Diet" into his next cookbook or tv show, then we would all be in for a slimmer 2008.

*Percentile from California State University and Liverpool University

Werbung:

Khrysos

RE: Are Wii Fit?

I think it is a good review but i think it is missing one thing.
I think you should write a part were you "grade" it or write more...
consisting (?), just to let us other know your opinion in it :D

Liister87

Khrysos said:

Sorry i can't grade the game its not out yet :) haha! I haven't tried it, i just got information from various sources, read it, and made my own assumptions of it!

The whole review WAS my opinion of it lol, i think its a great idea to help UK (and other countries of course) lose weight!

Khrysos

Liister87 said:
Khrysos said:

Sorry i can't grade the game its not out yet :) haha! I haven't tried it, i just got information from various sources, read it, and made my own assumptions of it!

The whole review WAS my opinion of it lol, i think its a great idea to help UK (and other countries of course) lose weight!

First of all I´m from sweden, we gets everything when everybody else already have it.
Know no releases in other places so..

Second, i meant that you could grade it to make us see what you think of it in an easier way.
If you say: I think it will be around 8/10 its easier to understand than if you should just write: It will probably be good cause everybode defines good in different ways..

Zigurat

Great preview, there was alot of information in it and you used pictures which is good. Always good read for people who cannot decide if they shall buy it or not.

Gdog

I completely agree with this! kids are getting a bit more healthy with wii sports, and with wii fit coming out, who knows wat could happen

Werbung: