Partial HD question, partial Wii/other console question: Component cable + HDreceiver

Shripe

Okay, here's a conundrum I'm facing right now.. My TV has only one jack for component cables, and I have a feeling the HD digital receiver I'll be getting from my cable company on Tuesday will use component cables. However, that's what I use for my Wii, and will likely use for my 360 (not worth it to pay $100 more for ease of use!)... Short of switching back and forth between the cable TV's cable and either console's cable, is there another option? Such as a type of splitter or something, where both component cables can be hooked up? I've looked around, but I don't really know what to search for..

Werbung:

badboykane

I dunno what country you are from but the UK HD cable receivers use HDMI
If you are getting a brand new 360 check ask about it in the store first, even new premium consoles are starting to come out with HDMI now and not just the Elite consoles.

But either way you can get a component switcher box to put multiple component connections into it.

Werbung:

Shripe

I'm from the US.. And the box was almost installed last Thursday, except we couldn't get access to my apartment's utility room for him to turn on the cable. However, I did see what looked to be a component cable with the box, so I assume it will be via component cables. I do have an HDMI jack on my TV... I'm hoping to buy a 360 on eBay as well, instead of paying $100 more (I've seen auctions where including shipping a premium is $250 or so, in working condition, rather than $350 in store plus tax).. I'd just have to ask the seller if it supports HDMI as well.