Need some help

Dirty

I cant seem to get ride of my 40-100 choke
and that MS number to the right of FPS is over 30 most of the time.

What settings will help me get rid of this, cause its no fun watching your nades skip through the sky and the wrong weapons pull out when you hit something.

thanks!
D

P.S.
Cas gave me a setup once that had me keeping at least a 64% eff rating, nowadays since I erased my harddrive I am below 60%.

Werbung:

DeathCorpse

dirty...

type in console: cl_updaterate and see what value pops up. And then lower that value by 1 until your ms is below 10.

other values. cl_cmdrate: 5-7 higher than your fps_max. note: lower cmdrate values can decrease your ping times, but I find the game unplayable at lower cmdrates.

you can set your rate at 20000. but if you have a really shitty connection you might want to try 10000. 20,000 usually wont hurt but those extra packets not supported by the server are geting dropped and causing more bandwidth usage than is necessary. that goes for cl_updaterate as well. So contrary to popular belief setting your updaterate to 101 does nothing more in 99% of pub servers than to use excessive amounts of bandwidth

anyways try some of that out and see if it helps

Dirty

DeathCorpse said:
dirty...

type in console: cl_updaterate and see what value pops up. And then lower that value by 1 until your ms is below 10.

other values. cl_cmdrate: 5-7 higher than your fps_max. note: lower cmdrate values can decrease your ping times, but I find the game unplayable at lower cmdrates.

you can set your rate at 20000. but if you have a really shitty connection you might want to try 10000. 20,000 usually wont hurt but those extra packets not supported by the server are geting dropped and causing more bandwidth usage than is necessary. that goes for cl_updaterate as well. So contrary to popular belief setting your updaterate to 101 does nothing more in 99% of pub servers than to use excessive amounts of bandwidth

anyways try some of that out and see if it helps

Thank you I will try these fixes.

CuRRyINaHuRRy

Before doing anything;

Set the rates to default:

rate 9999
cl_updaterate 30
cl_cmdrate 30

If the defaults still give you a problem. First, check your connection speed from one of the speed test online.
After you know what speed you have:
RUN STEAM --> GO to VIEW --> SETTINGS ---> INTERNET --> CONNECTION SPEED AND SELECT YOUR SPEED ACCORDING TO THE RESULTS FROM THE SPEED TEST.

Now, Steam will set your rate according to the internet setting.

IF YOU STILL GET CHOKE/LOSS:

You have to set the rates manually and try different stuff and this is explained well somewhere on the forums.

Laters.

Dirty

Thanks guys, I did some fixes and went to A4H to test it out.

At A4H I had about 5 choke and 5-15ms which is a BIG upgrade to what I had.

Hopefully at a full PuNx server later I get the same results.

Werbung:

Dirty

Well no more choke and that rocks, thanks guys.

I cant seem to get use to it after playing with it for so long..
:shock: