My Tony Hawks Downhill Jam Review

kennyluciano

tony_hawks_downhill_jam

[align=left]On November 15th 2006 We heard that a new Tony Hawks game was [align=left]going to be released,
I Was very curious how it was going to control with the Wii Remote and see wether,
It can still live up to the mightyness of THPS3. To put simply Yes and No. And in
this review we shall see why.

tony_hawks_3_lr_1.jpg

In essentials Tony Hawks Downhill Jam is just a Downhill Skating Game, you have to
get from The top to the Bottom whilst doing variable tasks (Scoring Points or Knocking
Down Pedestrians) to complete the level. Some of the lovels are made from the original
Tony Hawks PS1/PS2 Games. There is hardly any tricks for this title though, Only about 15
Tricks are in the game and Manuals (Trick) have made a sudden dissappearance.

Tony-Hawks-Downhill-Jam-6.jpg

The Game is Set in Scotland,Rio,Chicago, Hong Kong and Other Places. Players must do the Races
and Earn Stars, It takes a certain amount of stars to Rank up and unlock a new Tier and Rank.
At the end of the game you face a legendary skater by the name of "Armondo" Who wanted to
ride a skateboard on the bottom of the sea in the 70's but apparently drowned....

s29612_ps2_1.jpg

The Controls are like the sonic style, Tilt the Wii Remote to move left and right, press
B to Boost and 2 to Jump. Also to grind rails ollie and press 1 and in the air pressing
1 and 2 and the D-Pad will do different tricks. Also when you do enough tricks you fill
up your "Special" Bar which means if you hold A whilst doing normal tricks you pull off
special tricks which give you loads of points.

tonyhawksdownhilljam_1.jpg

The lifespan of the game is not too great either, I Complete it using Tony in 4 hours
and Then if your a Stats Whore then you can complete it with other characters from
the Game. Before a race Tony interviews one of the characters and normally they are
quite Funny to listen to and watch, but none the less get boring after a while.

djstart.jpg

The Graphics arent amazing either, while they are Pretty and Clear and Activision
Made it 480p and 16:9 which worked really well, We've seen what the Wii engine
can do in Sonic and Mario Galaxy and clearly this is below what it can do.

tony_hawk_downhill_jam03.jpg

The usual Hawk soundtrack is back aswell, Featuring Stuff from Iron Maiden, The Killers,
Radiohead, The Ramones and Motorhead. Over 40 tracks blearing out heavy rock is not
for everyones taste but certainly mine!

281x211.jpg

All in all the Game is a good spin off to the Tony franchise and lovers of Skating
and Tony Hawks will enjoy this game. But if your not normally into skating then its
best to give this one a miss.

79%
By Kennyluciano[/align][/align]

Werbung:

Squiddy

There's no point comparing the visuals of this game to Sonic or SMG since it was a launch title.

Apart from that, good review. :)

Werbung: