lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadJanet

I find it very funny how after the patch, everything seems not to be working normally. Before the patch, everything was running smoothly with no "Connecting to the server" in your face for 5 minutes. I wonder what happened.

Plus my game is starting to lag and I'm like "wtf?". *sigh*

So anybody out there experiencing lag?

Werbung:

Roger117

yep i noticed that too. even though i didnt play because of my slow internet i read on the website there were 2 server checks. one for login and time extension for that. and the other for server maitenance. funny how the server stuffs up as soon as the are up and running again.

GODOFTHUNDER

ya same here excep mine lets me get in but then i get logged out as soon as i play a game thats not knifes only, i need help

Werbung:

Love

Try right clicking Combat Arms > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Under "Compatibility Mode" check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" > Select either Windows 2000 or Windows XP (Service Pack 2) > Click Apply, and presto.

If that doesn't work, a reinstall is always a possibility.

(I use Windows 2000, never had problems with it. You can always change it later. I'm running Windows Vista, recently bought my laptop, 3GB ram, etc.)

Turn off your AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Xfire/etc off.
It helps.
Close everything you don't need pretty much, webcam/microphone/bluetooth, etc.
Little things still help :p

Also, increasing your virtual memory may help.

Right click My Computer > Properties

(For Vista: Right click Computer, then click "Advanced System Settings")

Now you should have a System Properties window open,
click the Advanced tab,
Under Performance, click the Settings box.
A window called Performance Options should've popped up.
Look for Virtual Memory, and after "Total paging file size for all drives: (Number here)
Remember that number, and click the Change box.
A window called Virtual Memory will come up.
Click the "Custom size:" option.
Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB) should have a box after them with a number in it.
The rule for this number is 1.5 times the amount of ram you have.
Ex: If you have 3GB of ram, you may put 4500.

If you listened and remember the number I told you to (You can always take a few steps back and get it again.)
you may enter that, or the amount of ram you have, times 1.5
It may be less than 1.5 times, but it's the recommended amount.

Hopefully I help, if you have questions, just send me a PM.
(Yes, I've done this to my computer.) You probably can find a video on YouTube if you don't believe me.

Also, doing a weekly scan helps, I suggest downloading CCleaner (For more information on CCleaner, here's the link for it on WikiPedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ccleaner ) it's somewhat like the default Disk Cleanup, but is quite better.
Also has a registry cleaner.
I use CCleaner about everyday, and haven't had problems with it since. :p

Turning down your settings in Combat Arms also may help, so what if your graphics aren't as clear, at least you can play with less lag, right?

For further questions/more information, please visit
http://www.combatarmsforums.com/showthread.php?t=276

Status
Not open for further replies.