• 10 worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 worse

• 40+ worse

• Total voters

WoRm5406

If you have not seen PuNx/Lo3 PUB has moved.

The temporary one was put up in a NY/NJ datacenter.

The new one is in the SAME datacenter as the PuNx PUB we always knew. This data center is located in the Washington DC metro area. Pings should be back to where they were before.

Last night my ping would range from 5-17.

I saw that many people comming into the server had much lower pings and seemed to be much happier.

The new IP is: 209.40.98.30:27015

We have had many questions and concerns about the ping to the NY/NJ datacenter. Some people stated that they would like to donate/reserve slot but were hesitant due to the new ping. So we started to look about and see where else would be better. A little bird told me to check into a company. This company turned out to be in the same datacenter as the old PuNx server was. After testing for a few days we found our pings were back to where they used to be. The server was ordered and all the files/maps/mods placed on the new server.

-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=-

How is your ping to the new server?

Thanks.

Props go out to all the PuNx and Lo3 members.
GJ DG and Pup, thanks for your help!

Can we have some feedback and thoughts?

Many prob saw the server messages talking about better ping and something new on Sat/Sun while playing, well this was the better ping part.

Well we are still planning and looking into something else special to happen. This depends though on you, your feedback, and your support.

Thanks

-WoRm

Werbung:

deathgrip

I was able to set all of my rates back to my original settings of the old PuNx server and I held 100 FPS with 0 MS 0 Choke and 0 Loss all night last night. Shots seemed to register much better and overall watching HLSW and in game, it looked like average pings were way lower than the server we were using out of New York.

I voted before reading about the server move, my ping is now 20 worse than last week

ok I must have been having a bad night when I was playing last but its back to the "normal" of the old punx of 34-48..the tem lo3 server was much better since im closer to syracuse where the nyc feed bounces through so I was able to get my ping down to 4-22.

MeanMugginFool

My ping dropped about 15-20 on average when I played on the new server last night, which is fantastic! Now if I can just get my isp to fix the high ping prob that occurs between 7-10ish at night I'd be set :lol:

CuRRyINaHuRRy

DeathCorpse said:
curry you would say that after you pwnage since the NY server came up. guess you will be back to being average again huh

LOL...nah; its doesnt matter. Only about a 4-5 difference in latency. I used to be a regular 80+ back in 1.4 (when I didnt really pay attention to any rates or latency, etc. and I pwned more back then with a ball mouse). When I upgraded to all this new stuff ( better puter and mouse ) , didnt really improve much. IMHO, hardware doesnt really matter; its really all about skill.
For instance, I used to game on P3-733 mhz ,128 ram, geforce 2 and Now im on 2.6 ghz P-M, 1.5 gb ram, 256 mb geforce 6800 and my game on average is the same compared to before. :roll:

blze

choppah, get to it, now !

i will check later this week, have been oot of toon for the weekend and have some shit to do tonight... mew.

Werbung: