How hard do you think it would be to make Starcraft?

Zergleb

Before anyone posts anything, ofcourse I'm not including model creation, there are alot of models on wc3sear.ch for warcraft and I'm pretty sure there is a model for about every terran unit. Now we all know that project Revolution is taking quite a long time but then again they are making pretty close to "Pixel Perfect" models. But other than the models, how hard does anyone think it would be to mod a RTS game that is so similar over to the WC3 engine. You'll have to change some game-play constants in order to immitate the damage system, I have a stat sheet of every starcraft unit that seems pretty easily just look and copy to the object editor, can anyone think of a spell that would be hard to make? All I could think of is blind because you can't take away a unit's vision, though you could remove detection. I think the lurkers attack is probably easily managable(graphics included). It might be hard to make the carriers interceptors look good, though its manageable.

But if noone can think of any large problems it seems easy enough and WAY overdue, I can do any of the custom spells, if anyone wants to help out please make a post, and also make a post if you can think of any other problems that you cannot think of a way to work around. I would like to start with terrans and have all of the units who spawn in the barracks and their spells already completed and the damage system including armor upgrades.(and I did some testing with starcraft compared to warcraft to see how duplicate battles turned out in each game, and they were very close to duplicate results)

Werbung:

Xeridanus

hey, i was going to start a starcraft mod of my own. we should work together on this. I am fairly confidant with JASS (i've only just learnt) and really good at GUI. I'm not sure exactly how you would do the interceptors, but the creep will be a problem. cos the creep grows and receeds slowly. and receeds . the blight doesn't do this, it is permanent. I can't think of any others right now. but if you llet me, i would very much like to help you with this.

VGsatomi

As far as I know there is only 1 singleplayer SC mod in the works, and its nothing anyone can compete with. There are already several SC conversion maps out there, but I guess more couldnt hurt.

-=GhosT=-

As far as I know there is only 1 singleplayer SC mod in the works, and its nothing anyone can compete with. There are already several SC conversion maps out there, but I guess more couldnt hurt.
[/b]

u meant project revolution or acthala? this one sims rip :p

Benx_X

ok ok ok, come to lordaeron if thats not your defult server, type /whois night_wolveX (BNet friend of mine) he makes all these awsome starcraft mods, and he defintly has had alot of trouble with em...

Werewulf

project revolution,acthala and FPME are SC mods..but PR has their own modelers and the full blow..but their site seems to have died, pretty much completely...so well..to make a SC mod..it has to be at top pitch rate to get attention.

VGsatomi

night_wolveX, although his maps are so far the best stand-alone SC (melee) conversion maps, he left a lot of room for improvement on them. If you plan on taking that route, you can still do something good.

Werewulf

i say for a good SC you would also have to model,skin etc.
instead of asking people all the time..
cuz its better to rely on yourself than others.

Benx_X

VG i have helped him test them alot, each time he does try fix things and that, but cause of the modle files and stuff taking up so much room he cant realy do too much... but his been working on these air based ones latly

Werbung: