Dreamcast

Mario

I brought the Dreamcast when it came out but a couple of days later i took it back because it was similar to the Playstation.

What did you think of the Dreamcast?

Werbung:

badboykane

Much better than the Playstation 1, the graphics were a bit smoother than PS2 and you didn't even need a chip to play copies, it was great.
Its a shame it didn't take off or Sega may have still been in the console business now.

I still have a Dreamcast in my collection of consoles and every so often I have a bash on it.

Matt

I used to own one, right before the PS2 came out as I couldnt wait for the ps2.

What a great choice it was to get the dreamcast, it was brilliant. I think it has better graphics than the ps2 personally.. ;)

Mario

for the couple of days i had the Dreamcast i was looking for the Keyboard but it was hard to get hold of thankfully i didn't have one in the end

venn177

Dreamcast was good for few things, but it had Powerstone, and a couple other gems, I believe the debut of crazy taxi was on the dreamcast.

DGProlific

badboykane said:
Much better than the Playstation 1, the graphics were a bit smoother than PS2 and you didn't even need a chip to play copies, it was great.
Its a shame it didn't take off or Sega may have still been in the console business now.

I still have a Dreamcast in my collection of consoles and every so often I have a bash on it.

Pretty much the same with me. Every now and again I end up playing Shenmue to pass the time.

DGProlific

I almost didn't pick up Shenmue at the time, until I kept on hearing talk about it in just about every video game store I went in. I was actually hoping not too like it at because I wasn't interested before I bought it. But then it turned out to be the complete opposite. So whenever I need to, the Dreamcast gets hooked right up just to play it. Right now I'm saved at where he works at the harbor with the forklift (3rd disc).

Squiddy

Ah... the Dreamcast is an excellent console.

Shame Peterborough sucks - my brother bought me a Dreamcast 4 years ago (we're into retro stuff occasionally) for £20 with Dino Crisis and a Controller, including VMU. The problem was, the AV cable for it was missing. And d'yknow what the ironic thing is? When we came back, the shop had permamantely shut down. >:

I still have the Dreamcast console, but I sold off Dino Crisis, the VMU and the controller, but I'm going to track down an AV cable and an AC adapter off Ebay or something. After that, I'm looking to buy brand-new copies of Shenmue I and II, and the 2 Sonic Adventure games from Amazon, hopefully it won't cost no more than £50.

The Dreamy still lives on through homebrew; even Sega knows that, seeing that they still produce the GD-ROMs.

All companies have a great past and their legendary moments - but Sega's was unique. Each to their own, but everytime I play Sonic 1 and 2 on Wii's VC and visit the Secrets Of Sonic Team website, I get that feeling of nostalgia.

It's a shame that the Sonic franchise has been tarnished with the below-average Sonic Heroes and the PS3/360 Sonics - although Sonic Rush and SATSR make up somewhat for it (although it's irony that Sonic Team did not develop these 2 games - lol.)

DGProlific

I've been trying to find a good website other than a torrent website that I can burn Dreamcast games from. I have a burned Marvel vs. Capcom 2 game for the system but it's scratched.

Werbung: