Custom made World Editors

Laosh'Ra

as for weu i heard a lot about problematic issues ( and experienced them myself too :/ ) so i wouldnt recommend it for those who dont need it. i still use it most of the time though as im addicted to the advanced triggers - they offered possibilities which i needed at the time i dled it. can't remember all of the differences to the normal editor though.

for those who never tried it yet: the editor gui doesnt change at all. it's like using normal we but u got some additional options and an external program to edit some map properties.

Werbung:

VGsatomi

You can also add 16 tiles to one map and add loading screeen and minimap easily. Additionally it has custom triggers.
Look closer.[/b]

Sorry, but I dont think saving a little time and effort to import a loading screeen easier is worth the risk of eventually losing your map...most of the new features can be done using the normal editor with a little more work and a lot more reliability.
-VGsatomi

Zoxc

Yeah, some of those custom triggers really cause bugs, even though I never ran into any. I use the original editor, sure there are more limitations than WEU but it also has limited bugs :D
[/b]
For advanced triggers WEU just adds a script in custom script section. You can easly do that without the use of WEU, but then you'll need to learn Jass. The people that don't know JASS should never use advanced triggers, but then the whole point is gone... WEU has also many small addition features. In object editor it will add A, B, C, etc. to the diffrent categories so you can jump with a keypress. Also its great for terrainers as you don't need to look in all tilesets for doodas. It adds some hidden icon and modes so you can select then in Object Editor.

Sorry, but I dont think saving a little time and effort to import a loading screeen easier is worth the risk of eventually losing your map...most of the new features can be done using the normal editor with a little more work and a lot more reliability.
-VGsatomi
[/b]
Only use WE Enhancer to add tiles. Its useless to other things. Noobs can easly destroy they're map with it...

Undead_Lives

Personally, haven't tried WEU, and never will. My map is for BNet, so if I use a custom editor and it has bugs....well its too much work.
Besides, I have no use for it.

lord_carbo

I looove WEU. It's so easy to make stuff with it that was once a hassle for people who didn't know advanced JASS. Or any JASS :p I've never had problems, too, I just don't use the map optimizer thing, just the WE part :)

Fladian

Even though I don't know a single thing about JASS, I'm not too disappointed to keep it like that :p I'm able to do just about anything I'd like to do, so I don't think I really need anything else. No new World Editor either.

I'm quite satisfied with the classics. :p

IPEONRUSH-SHIP

I started using weu a while back and haven't noticed any issues yet.

It should be noted that when using weu, when others try to open it in the regular editor that they wont be able to.

Weu has many new icons, mainly in the extra listing.

Teraining is def easier with this editor.

Werbung:

TerranUp16

My preference is WEU. It's excellent for mauls, as it allows the attack dice values to be set above 100 (the regular WE limits this to just 100). I occasionally use the "Advanced Triggers" as well. I've found WEU to be a nice way to add protection to your map as well. For whatever reason, sometimes maps can only be opened by WEU, and won't work in the regular WE, though they will run perfectly fine for WCIII.

For GTW, we're going to try to have an editor similar to WEU, except that any "Advanced" triggers would simply be integrated seemlessely with the other triggers, and you'd have no need to enable them, as they would always be enabled (this should all be doable from the Blizzard.j file). Another interesting feature (or "fix" in this case) is the ability to use GetLocalPlayer() without causing any desyncs. I don't believe any other editor can do that.