Custom made World Editors

Arkidas

Through my Warcraft III modding epxerience I have tried a few types of World Editors.
I like WEU most of them, You can have allot of tiles in it and makea 480x480 map and lots of more features like custom made triggers. It's made by PitzerMike which also made WidgeTizer.
Now I prefer using the original editor though but I plan to upload some editors soon in the download section for people who want to try them.
So I'm asking have you tried any custom world editors?

Werbung:

ragingspeedhorn

Tried some oooooold one which was kinda useless really and then only weu besides that. Not too fond of any of them, I usually stick to the original one :)

VGsatomi

I've tried them. I dont trust them. I can't tell you how many times people go to the maps forusm at 'search complaining about some crash/error they have with their map which ended up being caused by some buggy third party editor. Especially WEU. My suggestion is ALWAYS go with the official editor. I have rarely ever run into a problem with it.-VGsatomi

KingZeus

I dled WEU because it gives a few functions onto the normal one that I like, for example negatives on abilities and thats all it effects abilities.

Arkidas

You can also add 16 tiles to one map and add loading screeen and minimap easily. Additionally it has custom triggers.
Look closer.

ragingspeedhorn

That aditional trigger stuff is bad and when you use it it putts alot of extra kb onto your map, the only good stuff about weu is the extra tiles and bonus stuff in the object editor, imo.

KingZeus

No I am talking about when you on normal WE it adds some functions to it I am not talking about when you in WEU because it was designed for 1.18 and some things may cause glitchs he really needs to make a new version.

Werbung:
I've tried them. I dont trust them. I can't tell you how many times people go to the maps forusm at 'search complaining about some crash/error they have with their map which ended up being caused by some buggy third party editor. Especially WEU. My suggestion is ALWAYS go with the official editor. I have rarely ever run into a problem with it.-VGsatomi
[/b]

Yeah, some of those custom triggers really cause bugs, even though I never ran into any. I use the original editor, sure there are more limitations than WEU but it also has limited bugs :D