Are wii Forced to update if we want to play new games?

Nightowl

I just read my BBA-game manual and noticed: "Wii checks if the newest update is installed, if not the update will start, (continue by pressing OK)"

Does that mean that the game won't open on unupdated wiis? How about them who don't have Internet connection?

Werbung:

Shripe

I would assume you need the latest update for doing anything internet/wifi-related. I don't think you need to worry about it when offline, though.

Nightowl

Hope so..

I got wireless router and shouldn't be worried anyway.

I was thinking that if Nintendo was making something similiar to PC's DirectX, in order to make games work.

Lintz

Yeah in the end we will probably be forced to update. But that is only bad if you have a mod chip. And want to play the latest games. And of course like on paper mario the update will be in the game so no need for Internet on the wii.

supersujay

ya if u want to play online u need to update but if u play offline it does not matter unless they make a patch for the game or something

kaitora

you're fine people... nintendo reserve the right to make publishers of games put the updates onto games... so your wii can read the update from a game that is published with the update on it...

problem solved

Ryano

kaitora said:
you're fine people... nintendo reserve the right to make publishers of games put the updates onto games... so your wii can read the update from a game that is published with the update on it...

problem solved

Well thats a relief:)

Werbung:

gunners-4-life

Ryano said:
kaitora said:

problem solved

Well thats a relief:)

oh well i still have a wireless router but updates on discs are good because if u dont have a router