5 Minutes of Playing and then BSoD

D Elite 1

Hello everyone,

Within the past beginning of a new year, I have started playing Combat Arms once more. I had stopped playing because it kept giving me the Blue Screen of Death. In early 2009 I re-installed it for yet one last try, and it worked perfectly. A little lag here and there, with no modifications of any system specs or statistics. Then I decided to fix my computer because I had 2 partitions and 1 I completely did not use, which had 6GB on it, compared to my other which had outnumbered it with 150GB on the other partition. The hard drive is 160GB and I popped in my windows reinstallation disk to delete it, although it deleted the right one, I had no files on my working partition. I had to re-install everything including Combat Arms. When I did, usuing the CA downloader for faster speed. It did not work right. I reciently installed flash player and the downloader worked. Though everytime I get into a CA Mission or Game, after about 5 minutes of playing, I get the error message that says "Your computer has been shut down to prevent any damage." Also known as a physical memory dump. I know this problem is fixable however because I had no problems with it until my files were deleted. Now I don't know what file helped it not to crash. I have no viruses and I have AVG Free which is the best unless you have Pro. I also use Spybot S&D so I know there is nothing infecting my system. I have all the minimum reqs for the game and it worked before so why isn't it working now? Can this be resolved? Thanks for your time.

D Elite 1

Werbung:

TAW_Paramarta

I have the same problem about two months ago, and now, it happens about twice in a month, which is rarely happening ot me again. It starts dping that when I have to re-install XP on my laptop, because my XP was corrupted/ It gives me blue screen of death, which says "beginning of physical memory dump" and blah blah blah. It also gives me a big lag. I notice when everytime it happens, my laptop is kind of warm. Then I installed I8kfanGUI, which detects my proccessor, memory, and chipset/gpu temeprature, and also controls the speed of my fans. Yeah, everytime my combat arms gives me blue screen of death, the temperature of my gpu reaches 60 degree celsius. I forced the speed of my fans to maximum, and set the combat arms settings as low as possible. i turned of all graphic features and set the color mod to 16-bit. well, it helps me a lot, and if you got xfire working on background while you're playing, i recommend to shut xfire down, because it consumes memory and cpu too.

Hope this helps

Werbung:

Jordan B

I hate the memory dump ( blue screen ) ,

My friends laptop does it every first Combat Arms game , but after it restarts its usually fine.

Has anyone else received the Buffer Overrun Message also ?