Why do shooters attract people?

dudey405

It allows you to do something that you wouldn't dare do in real-life. This is for a lot of videogames. This example is with war. People do not want to risk their lives doing something extreme, and heroic, so they just sit in the safety and comfort of their own home thinking they're badass, when really the men and women around the world are the badass people.

Werbung:

daventodd123

I think people do it for getting their anger out on people with killing abuse AND verbal abuse. Verbal meaning cussing at someone when they do a regular action in the game but towards that rage-tastic person which causes a blur of insults

radascars

it is not just about because its FPS, the graphics and the gameplay it self make all the game more appealing and that whats gamers want as much as I do. The characters and such is not important, as long as the game has a good graphics and realistic. That's all.

ben123

The sound of hitmarkers in a game like call of duty is just pleasing to me. As for shooting, it's all about the action or getting away from reality and being this badass guy with a gun in a game completing missions.

Graiden

Not only for relieving aggression. You just feel good when you kill somebody, use those tactics around and not get caught. Especially because you cannot do this in real life :). And they don't need to lose farm or something like that, they only get angry if they die a lot.

skowe

i rely like to play shooters when im angry because of something i think thats mostly the reason why people play them other reason is that they are just cool

radascars

Not only for relieving aggression. You just feel good when you kill somebody, use those tactics around and not get caught. Especially because you cannot do this in real life :). And they don't need to lose farm or something like that, they only get angry if they die a lot.

Yes, I agree with you. It feels good to kill more AI's and use a lot of effective strategy to beat the game makes it more exciting and extravagant!

radascars

Its fun and it allows you to control a fictional character and do things that you could never do in real life.

I agree with you, it allows us to navigate more and it feels like its real. FPS is really going to be one of the best game genre in gaming industry. :)

RPCOM

Many people like to shoot but they can't do that in real life. So they go for shooting games. If they are angry, they assume a character in the game as their enemy and they shoot it to relieve anger. So this genre must be popular. :)

bertorelli

Maybe because shooters in most cases are simple games, they don't require intensive thinking. If you play shooter you don't have to learn any complicated item combinations etc. In most cases you even don't have to learn tactic moves, there is just you, your weapon and others. Is's pure fun.

smartz129

I am going to agree with FuzzyMike because after like a day at work or school it is nice to just pick up a controller and kill some random people on your game console and that is the way i think everybody is atracted to shooter`s

Saohc

I just prefer games that make you think.

Goldeneye 007 is the only shooter I'm really fond of.

Black Ops is okay, I guess(Zombies mode is great,though)

Werbung:

Dy.namik

I think that shooters attract people because of the feeling you get in being a soldier or mercenary. The intensity of the situation appeals to most people and that's why they love to play.