Why do shooters attract people?

nick_ro

It is a good thing to kill people... virtually. :) Seriously, I think it is relieving tension accumulated after a day at work, also because you can play it with your friends so easily, it generates good feelings, like: "shoot ya in the head, man! Headshot!" you know. :)

Werbung:

bertorelli

I do not know how about you, but I don't associate shooters with killing people. For me it's only fun and I could shoot as well to trees, stones, whatever :) Buuut, shooting to trees might not attract people :D Shooters are good for training reflex skills.

I personally do not know why it attracts people in general but I do know that I like it because of the fun there is to it. It is a fun mode to play with friends. That is why I like them.

oninightmare

I think maybe because you get to work with your friends as a team or try and act like a one man team and have dominance over the other team. This is a feeling that you want to have of victory. It makes you feel good inside, plus you get to take your aggression out on other people but not physically.

Gamer

I think people enjoy shooters because it lets them relieve aggression and on top of that, people like competitive games, you can't get any more competitive than shooters!
Personally, you can't beat the feeling of killing a virtual character and knowing, you killed this guy, you're better than him.
Don't get me started on kill streaks!

iriotzzz

I think it's because shooters make you be in a different world. That is the great thing about video games. In real life, many people would never even think about joining the Military. In Battlefield for example, you can just pick up a controller and snipe enemies from thousands of feet away while your buddy revives you.

Cecil Estrera

Well in my opinion, it's the most thrilling game there is. Shooting can be so enjoyable specially when there were several enemies around. And the fact that one would learn strategy and techniques in shooting makes it so tempting to play.

KingManta

It's because, especially for guys, everyone wants to have guns. We watch movies and TV shows with these heroes killing the bad guys, and we want to mimic that. Obviously most people aren't going to go shoot a bunch of real people, so Call of Duty and other shooters are a great outlet. They're also a good outlet for any anger and aggression.

Shepherd337

People enjoy shooters just as much as they enjoy lasertag, paintball, etc. It's the thrill of the kill without actually killing anyone. :p It allows people to go back into a primative and bloodthirsty mindstate without suffering the consequences. Nothing pumps up the adrelanine for gamers like a nice shooter I say. I mean come on, if you set a Call of Duty fan in front of World of Warcraft and told them they could not get up or play a shooting game until they reached level 50 they'd start foaming out the mouth wanting to bite you!. :p

KingManta

People enjoy shooters just as much as they enjoy lasertag, paintball, etc. It's the thrill of the kill without actually killing anyone. :p It allows people to go back into a primative and bloodthirsty mindstate without suffering the consequences. Nothing pumps up the adrelanine for gamers like a nice shooter I say. I mean come on, if you set a Call of Duty fan in front of World of Warcraft and told them they could not get up or play a shooting game until they reached level 50 they'd start foaming out the mouth wanting to bite you!. :p
Exactly, well put.
Not just the whole primitive state of mind, but the fact that it's without consequence.
Let's face it, there's lots of people you'd love to just shoot in the face right now, but you wouldn't want to handle the guilt and prison sentence.

Well I enjoy first person shooters purely cause they requier skill and I enjoy the feeling of dominating people(even if it's a game, winning is always fun :p)

Gamrpro

I think it attracts people because a lot of people love violence. Instead of doing it in real life they get to do it in a game. And like the 1st reply said it's probably to relieve their aggression.

I think it attracts people because a lot of people love violence. Instead of doing it in real life they get to do it in a game. And like the 1st reply said it's probably to relieve their aggression.

Well relieving the builded up aggression is definitely a good point, as well as the idea of doing it simply be cause we love violance. It's a fact that people are attracted to those type of things. When a car crashes a lot of people would gather and secretly hope of someone being hurt(they might not be thinking it, but it's in human nature to want to see someone else hurt.)

Werbung:

Dealge

Yeah, FPS's are a safe way to get violence out of your system. Plus they're fun. It's pretty thrilling to go diffuse a bomb and stop a terrorist team.