Who would like a santa hat avatar?

Squishy-1

i like the snow :) i wanna know the code for it but yes i noticed thanksgiving has become christmas junior mainly with the day after thanks giving sales i would think it

Werbung:

Fladian

Care to give me a date of Thanksgiving? *smiles broadly*

But doesn't that count for pretty much every kind of comercial holiday, such as Christmas? Don't get me wrong, I like the mood during Christmas, I like it very much, but it is mostly just to take money. Just like Valentine and the like... luckily, most of those aren't celebrated out here. Ironically, Sinterklaas (5 December) still is, which wouldn't be less than Christmas regarding comercial finances...

Ken in the bubble

Here you are Fudgie;
chirstmasappa.jpg

Edit:
Your next, Squish. I just need the time to make an animation... Heh

Mavus

Lol ^^ Thanks Flad, The Netherlands rule, ^.^ Plus I really want to see what the freaky guy in my avatar would look like.

Fladian

Well, my Christmas is over now. But then again, Christmas never really lived for me anyway. It wasn't really cold out here (I still walk around in my summer-clothes... well, not now, 'cause I'm sick, but still) and no snow, which really breaks the Christmas mood... but leave me to my mumbling. :p

Dragonskull

Fladian, not to sound like your mother or something, but wouldn't walking around in summer-clothes during the supposed-to-be-winter be a likely, and logical, cause to you being sick?

I hope you get better though. :p
No snow in Norway either by the way.. and we usually have snow in October already..

Fladian

Actually, when I count everyone who has been complaining about it, my mother is somewhere near the bottom. Elianne (a friend who tends to return quite often in my quote of the day) has complained the most about it. ("I'm shivering here, and you are sitting here with your jacket open and wearing only a shirt. Excuse me but are you mad?" and the "Just looking at you makes me cold" are a few to remember) But to make it more funny, I got sick because of a completely different reason. In the last week before the vacation (or last three days, to be exact) I did wear some warmer clothes, including my scarf (yay), which resulted in some hilarious comments.

Anyway, I wasn't cold at all with my summer clothes. Well, a few times, I do admit, but there are times during the summer when I'm cold too - though definitely not as bad as another friend, who was complaining about the cold during the night while it was still 25+ degrees (celcius); oh, and yes, we were struck by a heath-wave this summer - so it isn't really that special. But all in all, I didn't agree with everything being so cold.

The reason why I got sick is a bit... uh... stupid, I guess. No vacation has ever passed without me getting sick before. It could be a little cold or something really serious. Eitherway, I can guarantee that I'll get sick. Several months ago I watched a documentary about it on TV (Discovery channel :p) which explained how that was possible. Apparently it is a sudden riddance of stress that the body is either not used to, or simply cannot handle. Eitherway would be a fitting and accurate description of myself, as I tend to live on (and therefore, like) stress.

As for the snow, well, snow has been getting more rare every year out here. Last year being an exception, it knocked out more than 60% of the entire Netherlands. Quite an event that was, I must say. After only a few days of snow in the past (last three, if not four years) a sudden heavy fall of snow started to fall. The weather forecast did not predict nor expect it, which caused a LOT of problems. Not only the Netherlands, but Germany and Belgium (and some more, as I recall) experienced problems as well. Traffic jams just couldn't get any further forward anymore and the army was send out to help the people who couldn't get home. Trains, busses and cars couldn't ride anymore because of the weather, causing people to stay on train/bus-stations or in the car when being in a traffic jam. I remember watching the news and seeing soldiers giving people blankets, hot coffee and some other stuff in the car. Former Dutch top comedian, Peter Heerschop made a little parody about one of the bigger artists' (singer) songs in the Netherlands, Guus Meeuwis' 'Per Spoor' or better known as 'Kedeng Kedeng' (which recently has a German version as well, but sung by someone else, as I recall) which refers to the sound a train makes, but in the song is referred to as moving something, not necessarily a train. "Guus had to go to a conference in <name of a city> and that was only an hour by car. Because he noticed the snow-fall, he expected that it could take an hour longer. But seven hours of 'kedeng kedeng' is even too much for Guus." - Peter Heerschop (in other words, Guus has been stuck in traffic for seven straight hours while he could reach that place in about one hour)
My brother was also stuck in traffic and spend the night on a train station. Somewhere near the capital, if I'm not mistaking. Believe me, that isn't a nice place to spend the night. And as a last person who I knew personally who was stuck because of the heavy snow fall was an old friend of mine, who decided to visit someone that day in the northen part of the country. He didn't watch the news, didn't hear the radio and was not informed of the bad weather (do know, it was only the centre and the south of the Netherlands that was struck, the north was completely in the clear), until he went back that is. When he got to the point the traffic became a problem, he heard about the problems. I'm not too sure anymore, but he went back north after that and spend the night there. I noticed that when I started a webcam-chat on MSN with the other person up north and saw him sitting there too. Trust me, that's a creepy thought. Especially if you would know the history between those two and me. :p
But seriously, was there extremely much snow? No, not at all. There are numerous of countries that experience far more snow than that. But nobody counted on it, no one was prepared for it and there wasn't a single person that could do something about it. Dutch comedian Peter Heerschop was in form when he started his amazing number of jokes ("I even saw a truck-driver trying to hang himself by using his tie!"). But what might be his best joke about that day was: "But I never understood what people were so mad about. I mean, I was sitting in my garden with a nice beer enjoying the sunny weather," as I said, the snow did not reach several places, such as Fryslan (the north) and a few particular places, which I don't know exactly anymore. That day goes in the history books out here as: "A bit of snow that knocked out the traffic in the entire Netherlands."

So by all means, no snow is not good. Too much snow is bad as well. I guess we're never satisfied out here. :p

Ken in the bubble

Snow is always a nice surprise here on the west coast of washington. I live about 20 miles away from the ocean so we don't get much snow at all.

On-topic:

I should have it done soon. I'll get started on it now, Mavus.

Edit: Here you go...

santa.jpg

Sorry if your avatar has gone through any quality loss. And also, for the weird cut. I'm still getting used to Photoshop, considering I used The gimp forever. It really isn't that good, lol. But I suppose you're using it for humor. :p

Werbung: