ps3 copying the wii

Ryano

Deathborne said:
I belive that the PS3 did copy the Wii mainly because sony didn't announce that there would be a Six-Axis controller until Nintendo decided to include motion Sensitivity to the Wii remote. I know I spelled Axis wrong. Anyone remember the Ps3's original controller?

lol the boomerang, that thing was crazy

Werbung:

benniet

I don't know, it is a bit of a coincidence ps3 went for sixaxis but i guess it prbably is just a bit of a coincidence.

AlanEdgeHead

The PS3, for a fact, copied the Wii Remote's motion sensing with their own "Sixaxis". Just a few weeks after the Wii Remote was revealed, the 'boomerang' PS3 controller was scrapped, and they showed the new one, and said it will have motion-sensing. They showed it off with a demo of a rubber duck in a bathtub. You tilt the Sixaxis and the duck would tilt. Coincidence? I think not.

And while you can argue that the PS3 didn't copy the Wii, but you can't argue that some third-party developer completely ripped off Wii Sports, to make motion-sensing sports games on the PS2. Though, these games will fail because each sport is on it's own disc, and they all have it's own Wireless motion sensing controller.

So, you'll have to spend hundreds of dollars to get all the games that were on Wii Sports, which came free with the Wii.

Danny

Well like Squiddy says without Copying business would be dead.. like
Hey Look an 8-bit console!
Let's make one ourself! OK!
Competition Starts. And Repeats.

titch.ryan

lu1g1 said:
the wii and ps3 are in no way alike....this thread is pointless

i agree. just because ps3 got that six-axis thing and anyway who cares if they copied it, unless your planning on using it as a fanboy argument!

killman360

The only thing that could even get "close" to copying would be the addition of motion technology in the PS3 controller, since it seem's that Nintendo came up with the idea first. But really they did not copy anything at all.

sharp141

i always thought that some tv company invented the wireless remote, hmm maybe im wrong... lol

jk, didnt xbox bring out the first wireless controller?

Werbung: