My Art

Mavus

I just started using GIMP and yes I know they are pretty terrible, (very terrible) anyway give comments...

I am only going to post my three latest ones because the others were just a render stuck on a black background with some odd art around it, which just looked terrible. But I have started to make my own backgrounds now and use filters and stuff, blur... etc. Anyway Comment on my three first signature(pics)

In order, The one with "Buffaloo" in it was for a friend, and I did a simple motion blur to make the background, not very creative, I also used an X Blur brush to make it look as though it was going fast, the back tyre I know, I went a little overboard.

The one for Xeridanus was a very quick one, the first I've done with my OWN background. The background was a real happy for me because it took a while to do compared to what I'd done before, But I know the lightning doesn't quite go to the end on the right side, I couldn't fix that.

And finally the last one I made for Fladian, just something to keep myself entertained. If I uploaded it in JPG (which I think I did?) it doesn't look as good.

Anyway give comments, feedback?

Werbung:

Mavus

Thanks Flad, but I know if I say anything else we'll go off-topic and I'll never get anymore comments/criticism, but the first one was a little odd you must admit?

Squishy-1

xerandus> the rest, i like it and that was a good effect on the lightning stuff (even though yoda would never use lightning as it is against the light side of the force!)

Mavus

Thanks Squishy, the lightning doesn't go to the end of the picture, but I'm more or less trying to focus on the backgrounds, especially when I didn't do the lightning :p

Squishy-1

yeah im glad to see more graphics artists (or whatever you want to call it) on the forum, as it is pretty much my reason for continuing to be on this forum

Mavus

Yes well I am in need of serious help, I just got Photoshop CS2, if anyone knows where I can get some tutorials or if someone can help me it would be most appreciated.

Arkidas

Keep on practicing, try different programs and experiment with everything. Seriously, it's unbelievable how well some people can teach themselves so why not see if you can? Good luck :) Keep on posting.

Mavus

Okay Update, I had 3 but the last one got killed when I saved in JPG. The one with Jaina in it, is a new style for b/g with me... The second one with Jaina is for a girlfriend (just a friend who is a girl) so it had to be pink. Anyway comment/criticize.

Maximilianx

cool render, whjo drew that one? =]

the first ones bg is a bit too checkered looking imo, but the second ones not too bad, although the render could use some work, try making multiple layers of your render and..
using a slight blurr effect on the bottom render layer can make your render look a lot less pasted in
experiment with different layer styles and opacities and you can make it look a lot smexier. :nuts:

Werbung:

Mavus

Well I was trying to make the b/g for the checkered one fog but I clicked something wrong and went to "Ctrl-Z" but clicked "Ctrl-X" and then I "Ctrl-Z" back one to get it back then it wouldn't undo again..