Help noobs

CookieMan

Hello, I'm new to Combat Arms, therefore, I'm terrible. Last game: 21 kills, 40 deaths. I haven't bought a better weapon, but I got a scope for my M16.

Any advice from someone as to how I can improve my game?

Werbung:

Seawied

most guns are great... for specific situations. The default gun is pretty crummy IMO because its not particularly great in any situation.

I use 3 different guns depending on what map I'm on

#1 (and the single most versatile gun): The m590 military shotgun (or its CQB counterpart). Amazing gun. Accurate while jumping, can 1 hit kill, a must have in my opinion. Great for close to medium-close range. I ALWAYS have this on switch regardless of map
#2 UMP: This SMG is my weapon of choice for close maps like Junk Flea and Death Room. Although, if the other team is camping the hallway at a bit of a distance, you will be at a significant disadvantage, as this gun is terrible at range. Regardless, it makes you fast, has a large clip, and dishes out some high damage. If I purchase this gun for a weak, all I do is play deathroom and JF. Additionally, this one of the best guns to have for CTF games.
#3 K2: This is a very versatile gun too. Its incredible accurate in single shot mode, works decent in full auto, and if you slap a scope and a silencer on it, its amazing for most medium-long ranged maps. Only downside is that it deals pretty low damage. I use this for brushwood and waverider.

Now another thing, I'm going to take a wild stab here and guess you're using a ball mouse as opposed to a laser mouse (since most people here seem to do so). Make sure you're using a laser mouse, as it will give you a huge edge.

Hope that helps some

Seawied

I never use my pistol, ever. Takes too long to pull out, and doesn't do enough damage (unless of course you have one of the boxed ones, but you won't have the money for that for some time). You're better off saving your money and just buying weapons that fit a map.

Another one I left out was the M14. Slap a scope on that bad boy and you have a more versatile sniper. Its 100% accurate in single shot mode, making headshots a breeze and deals a fair amount of damage. I used it to great success in cold seed in combo with a shotgun (use shotgun indoors and the m14 down the long catwalk and to pick out people below).

Since you're using a laser mouse, I'd recommend turning your mouse sensitivity down in-game. Most people turn em up in CA, but since you have a laser mouse, you should have a decent DPI rating on your mouse.

john66

Advice, ditch the m-16 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pick any other gun, also a scope on a pistol is bad. Plus be sure to put the m-16 in your backpack then switch it out later for a better gun. Next, don't stand still, I see so many new people do this it's not funny anymore.

Seawied

Pick any other gun, also a scope on a pistol is bad. Plus be sure to put the m-16 in your backpack then switch it out later for a better gun. Next, don't stand still, I see so many new people do this it's not funny anymore.

good advice

Seawied

strafing is probably the quintessential key to any fps shooter. You should also practice bunny hopping. Try to keep your movements unpredictable

also remember: even if you don't plan on using a second weapon in your backpack, you should always have a primary weapon in there. Who knows, someone might come in with a super powerful nx or CQB item and once they die, it would be helpful to pick it up. You can't swap out a dead man's item into your backpack unless you have a primary weapon in your backpack

cvspartan101

Also, don't be one of the people who STAND there and shoot, shoot while moving and you will have a much better chance of staying alive. Also, don't always walk in a straight line in big maps like Snow Valley

CookieMan

I don't stand still, I play Halo 3 as well. Stand still= 4-shotted (if you know what I mean).
I forgot my personalized button for the weapon swapping...

BTW, on Rattlesnake, would you say the big tower of one side of the map is good for sniping?

Seawied

I don't stand still, I play Halo 3 as well. Stand still= 4-shotted (if you know what I mean).
I forgot my personalized button for the weapon swapping...

BTW, on Rattlesnake, would you say the big tower of one side of the map is good for sniping?

yes and no.

Yes, because it gives you a clear view and can hit anyone in the field

No, because people will expect it.

You gotta be creative when you snipe... or play against people who have never played the map.

I never use sniper rifles though because they don't stack up kills fast enough, but I've seen people who use them to great success

CookieMan

You say that people expect the sniper tower. I played, and people seemed not to notice me until I killed them. What would be in general the best overall weapon, though?

Seawied

You say that people expect the sniper tower. I played, and people seemed not to notice me until I killed them. What would be in general the best overall weapon, though?

when you play more experienced people, this is one of the first places they look. Until then, snipe away my friend :D

the L9 is a pretty good starting weapon for new snipers. Very accurate, high damage. Not a whole lot to complain about except its speed

Miran_Eitan

I dunno about very accurate. It's great up to medium range, but it loses accuracy past that. The longer range shots can be unpredictable.

I disagree with what you said about pistols. Often times I find myself in the midst of a group of enemies and I run out of ammo for my current weapon, most often an SMG with extendeds. most of my fantastic kills are because I whipped out a pistol and took out at least another tango with me before I hit the ground.

The USP FTW.

The Anaconda and D-Eagle are for people with small...well you know what I mean.

Werbung:

Seawied

The Anaconda and D-Eagle are for people with small...well you know what I mean.

Clip sizes? :p

Miran_Eitan said:
I disagree with what you said about pistols. Often times I find myself in the midst of a group of enemies and I run out of ammo for my current weapon, most often an SMG with extendeds. most of my fantastic kills are because I whipped out a pistol and took out at least another tango with me before I hit the ground.

If you use clip extenders, theres a need for a good alternate because your reload will be so slow, but I personally don't recommend them (gp cost vs return IMO)