FPS LOW ON SOURCE WHY?

G

hey guys i have a tiny bit a problem, when i play source my fps is wicked low around 32, and it drops to 12 every soo often why?

P4
3.4 Ghz
256 ge force 6800
1022 Ram

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

When you ask a question please try to give a thorough description of your settings, drivers, etc. Do you say "Hey Doc, sometimes my right eye hurts, but at other times my left ear hurts." "Oh, yeah, I'm 12 years old and weigh 120 lbs." "So how do I get better?" Come on, get with the program.

It is a possibility that if you have your bonzai bunny and comet cursor with 12 instances of photoshop running in the background, your fps will suffer. With that said, kill unnecessary processes, install updated video drivers, and tweak your in-game video settings to find a good compromise between speed and quality.

WoRm5406

Trigger Happy said:
hey guys i have a tiny bit a problem, when i play source my fps is wicked low around 32, and it drops to 12 every soo often why?

P4
3.4 Ghz
256 ge force 6800
1022 Ram

As suxor stated more info is needed... But some ideas to look at:

Antivirus turned off for that directory.
Keyboard checking for e-mail
Spyware
Update rates giving you "wave lag"

For those that have the new logitech keyboard... You need to check your settings. If you have it set to go check your outlook e-mail it is lagging you out each time it checks. The new logitech keyboard will show that you have new e-mail on the LCD.

G

my settings are set at low and still getting low fps,my 6800 is pci-e in general i got a gaming computer, i have a logitech keyboard that is multi-purpose, ummm i have no spyware on my computer, i have mcafee virus scan, but the more programs i close the slower my fps are. soo what info do you need and i will give it to you for some help

imported_SuXoR

While pest patrol is good, you should also get spybot. On my machines I run pest patrol, spybot, spysweeper, and NOD32. The only freebie of the bunch is spybot.

Download it http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Install it
Update it
Run the immunizations
Scan

Let me know if spybot finds anything.

Reading articles as well as personal experience has shown me that not one program will clean and detect all infiltrations. The more you run, the better. Conversely, you do not want 5 anti spyware apps running in your system tray hogging your resources, so if you do use more than three, disable some of them in your system tray and just use them for scanning purposes.

Werbung:
G

i sweeped with another program i have and it came up blank soo is there any settings or anything special i need to do remeber i have a 6800 ge-force pci-e