Attachment points

Werbung:

Tenebrae

CRAP!! It won't work!! I've tried everything I can think of with the attachment points, but every time I test it on WC3, the attachment just appears above his head!!
...um, do I create the attachment points under the REF thingy? For example, do I put "Foot Left" under "Foot Left Ref", or "Head" under "Head Ref"? and 2 other things
1: does caps matter?
2: with hands and feet, does it matter if I put "left" or "right" before or after the attachment point in the title?

N00byStance

Are you sure you made it as it is done in other Blizzard models?

Did you attach hand's, foot's, weapon to bones?
[attachmentid=169]
Did you set correct Pivot Point?
[attachmentid=170]

I haven't really worked with attachments before, so I can't help you if you did that all and still it doesn't work. :confused:

Tenebrae

Srry for the double post, but I doubt anyone would've noticed this otherwise. Anyway, everytime I try to create a new attachment point, it seems like all of the other attachment points I made before are positioned where the most recent one was set. For example, the last attachment point I created was "Origin", but when I tested it, all of the effects appeared at the Origin point. Likewise, if the last attachment point I make is the head, all of the affects appear on the head. Am I supposed to type in "Ref" right after the attachment's name, or what?

Jessica, you could try and act more professional to those other members that also happen to visit this forum. I cannot remember who said it, but "this forum is here to help people, not to make fun of them."

Thank you.
[/b]

That was me :p

I dont remember who said it either I just remember it was said towards James :)
[/b]
Yup, towards James.

Tenebrae

Sheesh, how long did it take other starting modelers to figure this out... :p
Anyway, I just made an interesting discovery. The attachment points were already there, so I didn't have to create them. The problem is, they are all in the position of the overhead point, even though the pivot point coordinates are correct. Is there something else I need to edit? Do the checkboxes right underneath the pivot points have anything to do with it?

Tenebrae

Sorry for the double post, but I doubt anyone'll notice otherwise.

Okay, it must be some problem with the program I'm using, cuz nothing I try works. Is there some other modeling program (which doesn't cost money) that I could use to make attachment points?

Tenebrae

Booya!! Norinrad figured out what was wrong and told me!

ALL HAIL NORINRAD!!!

lol, just kidding. So yeah, you guys can close this.

Tenebrae

Okay here's the deal. When you use Magos' Model Editor and save one of your custom models as .mdx, it screws up the attachment points. But if you save it as .mdl, then convert it to .mdx with Yogbul's file converter (i'm not sure I spelled it right), then the attachments work fine. :D

Werbung: