1gb of ram and still slow

Seawied

lol...

As a computer tech, I do have to say, the primary thing I tell people to toss in their computers after a decent graphics card is more memory. The type does make a difference also. I prefer Corsair XMS, personally... but you'll see about a 5-10Frames per second increase per about 512 you throw in, for most modern shooters. Excluding COD-4. COD-4 was so well designed that it could probably run on my cellphone without lag.

You can't however get more than 3 gigs in XP-32bit, and 4gigs in Vista 32. Hense why I upgraded to 64...then my computer exploded, but that's another story.

If you wanna get a bargin bin graphics card, go out and buy an 8800GT. They're down to like 90 dollars now. *twitches* I bought mine for 300 and it's still able to run most games on medium-high graphics as long as I don't turn up shadows.

And Seawied, be nice to the kid, he probably hasn't even SEEN a hundred dollars in one place yet.

haha true.

You're not factoring in the leveling off point for RAM there Miran, but I agree with you on one thing: better quality ram is a much better alternative to slapping in more RAM.

CoD-4 is pretty streamlined. I leveled off my FPS at 300 (would go higher, but some servers don't like the FPS cap that high)

Werbung: