www.wi-modchips.com - a good link

Werbung:

badboykane

thaey cant stop it from happening, what they gonna do, visit everyones house to make sure they not sitting there soldering in a chip.

They will attempt future updates to block out the chips, this will fail as there is no need to update anyway. If you just wanna play backups then you can leave your Wii on 2.1, 2.2, 3.0 and update no further. Don't use Wiiconnect24 and your Wii won't auto update.

Games which have updates on them can have the updates disabled anyway from the iso before burning to disc.

Give it a couple more months and new chips will be out to bypass this anyway.
Hackers are always 1 step ahead of the companies anyway all the time.

TimpZ

yea i thought of that also when i updated to 3.1 or whatever it is. there came this warning about an update could ruin your wii if i updated. but it isn't so i did update up :D. I just was afraid they where going to take my free intenet channel away

Da Geek

Modifying/upgrading/chipping is there anyone out ther who isn´t an uneducated noob.
It has never been illegal to modify a product. Part of a software-agreement (buying a game) it´s often marked that you as a costumer are suppose to make copies because you won´t get a new one if your copy breakes.

A mod-chip gives you the oppertunity to download homebrewed games and apps from the internet and run them on your Wii. It also gives you the oppertunity to run your own and perhaps someelses copies of know games from vendors.

Conclusion:
Is it this illegal to modify? NO!
Is it illegal to make copies for backup reasons? NO!
Is it illegal to spred copies thruout the internet? YES!
Is it hard to modify a Wii? Not if you know anything regarding soldering.

Go ahead and modify and do it know. There are alot of cool homebrewed software out there just waiting for installation.

/Da Gekk

wayne-kerr

I wanna mod my Wii, could anyone recommend a specific mod chip, or are they pretty much all the same? And would this site be the cheapest to purchase one off? I have no soldering skills but my cousin has :)

Da Geek

That depends on when your wii is fabricated (what serialnubmer is pritned on it).
There are several modchips out, but the most common are.:
Wiinja 2.0
Cyclo-Wiz
Wii-Key
Clone-Key
WIID
WiiFree
YAOSM

They all have different features an price.
Google on them and buy the one you think map your needs.

/Da Geek

guyofgod

sad said:
NOTE WITH THE Latest update nintendo has disalbled the function of the use of modchips..bad luck..

You should not hack your Wii but if you were to (which your not) you should use a GC and Wii action replay and fit it to the Wii Modchip. Then the new firmware wouldn't affect it. I would never do this because I pay for my stuff but that would work.

badboykane

sad said:
NOTE WITH THE Latest update nintendo has disalbled the function of the use of modchips..bad luck..

No it doesn't, mine works fine still with the 3.0 update and so does the rest of the world.
Do some research before posting untrue rumors.

Ryano

badboykane said:
sad said:

No it doesn't, mine works fine still with the 3.0 update and so does the rest of the world.
Do some research before posting untrue rumors.

He's just been misinformed, some of the mods don't work like the freeloader but others still do....but all of them take away your warranty anyway so I won't be using them.

Werbung:

badboykane

Freeloader, Action replay and a couple of other gamecube type boot discs don't work as well as the chip setup discs but thats it.
All Gamecube and Wii games still work 100% fine.

Freeloader, Action replay and all the other GC type bootdiscs still work if you boot into GCOS first so nothing really has stopped working since the update.

Far to many people get misinformed by listening to rumours, the only way to really tell is find out facts. I hate rumours, as soon as I hear a rumour I find out 100% for myself.

I thought the same when the update was first released so didn't update my Wii, a few hours later after reading various posts on various Wii forums I found out the actual facts that the update does not currently affect chips so I updated myself knowing I would be ok and all is well.