Wii remote as computer mouse?

Jailbreak

I've heard from several people that you can use Wii remotes as a computer mouse, i think he said you have to put an infer-red light source on top of the screen, but i have no idea how that wood work, has any one else heard that, or tried it?

Werbung:

GoldenAssassin

I've worked as an electrical engineer for four years now, and trust me-it's mechanically impossible to use your wiimote as a desktop mouse. Neither are compatible with each other.

BeatMario

Umm...
I have done it before.
Just not with the infa-red thingy, but with a Bluetoothâ„¢ USB thing.
And it doesn't move like when you're using it on a wii, you have to rotate it clockwise to move the cursor right, anti-clockwise to move it left, tilt your wiimote upwards to move it up, and down for down.
Quite stupid, yes.

Matt

So it does work! lol

BeatMario said:
Umm...
I have done it before.
And it doesn't move like when you're using it on a wii, you have to rotate it clockwise to move the cursor right, anti-clockwise to move it left, tilt your wiimote upwards to move it up, and down for down.
Quite stupid, yes.

deathb4birth

I've seen games being played with it so it being a mouse wouldnt be too hard to imagine

just go to youtube and search wii remote and you will find a vid

GoldenAssassin

Matt said:
So it does work! lol

Well yeah, it's possible to rig pretty much any electronic devices to sync together...with the right accessories. After all, all that the wiimote is, is basically a box with an infrared sensor in it. But the setup that deathbebirth discussed is electronically impossible.

BeatMario

sad said:
it is for real

BeatMario said:
Umm...
I have done it before.
Quite stupid, yes.

...Yes.

BeatMario

I don't know.
But I just did it to see how it feels.
And trust me, it sucked, there's no point in doing it...
...Unless you don't have a mouse x.x

badboykane

This has been around since almost when the Wii was released, the new software out lets you almost use it as a propper mouse cursor.
You don't need a sensor bar to make the computer move the mouse, all info is sent to the computer and the Wii for that matter through bluetooth from the Wiimote, the sensor bar doesn't even sense anything, it is just there so the Wiimote knows where the TV is.

Werbung: