Wii is fastest selling cosole ever!!!.....in the UK

Ryano

Nintendo's console passes the one million mark

Wii is the fastest selling console in UK videogame historyhistory. NOne million Wii cosnoles has nbeen sold in the UK in just 38 weeks, 11 weeks faster than PlayStation 2 took to reach the same milestone.

The demand for Wii has been unprecedented as the console sold out after launching in December. Now, nearly nine months later, the console is still outselling its nearest rivals as more people are taken by the Wii's revolutionary Remote and Nunchuk controllers.

David Yarnton, General Mananager of Nintendo UK said the summer sales of Wii are behind the record-breaking sales.

Yarnton said: "The non-stop demand for Wii even in the traditionally slow sales periods for video games in the UK is clearly behind this record breaking achievement. The performance of both systems appears to indicate that unprecedented interactive entertainment experiences, provided by a combination of the revolutionary nature of DS and Wii with the increasing number of unique software titles for the system from Nintendo and third parties, are being enjoyed by both avid and new gamers of all ages."

"With more great games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Endless Ocean launching in 2007, Wii, together with Nintendo DS, will continue to be the main driving forces behind the expansion of the video game market this year."

It's hard to argue...

It's nice to see the Wii kept its momentom after the fantastic launch to do this. Unlike the GC which had a great launch and then all just went down the drain from there...

Werbung:

EngWii

I'm not surprised, it's cheap, it attracts non gamers and all ages, well done Nintendo for coming back from the dreadfully poor gamecube.

Theherolink_1

Well...to let you know the wii is the most selling console on the world...(i read it on an article)but is not the best i read another article saying Xbox 360 was the best(i hate Xboxs)

hockeyhero

Theherolink_1 said:
Well...to let you know the wii is the most selling console on the world...(i read it on an article)but is not the best i read another article saying Xbox 360 was the best(i hate Xboxs)

well xbox 3 is the best because they released it way earlier than wii....that means if xbox360 was released at the same time with the wii then the wii would be the best selling console right now.....

anyways the wii is catching up to xbox360

Kirby

This was highly expected due to the lower price and authentic functions. Society loves to try new things, and society also loves good prices. Nintendo struck a good stradegy to mash the two concepts. The simplicity is truly addicting and contageous!

Ryano

Theherolink_1 said:

It doesn't matter what an article says, thats just someones personal opinion, different people have different opinions.

Werbung:

Danny

Ryano said:
Theherolink_1 said:

It doesn't matter what an article says, thats just someones personal opinion, different people have different opinions.
Wii is the fastest selling console in the world Ryano ;)