Video Drivers

Intoxicated

ok, recently i was having memory dumps due to an outdated video driver. Thanks to digi, i figured out how to uninstall it, which i was having trouble doing. problem solved. until they updated the driver again, now im getting memory dumps again. unfortunatly, there is no longer an option to uninstall my video driver in the remove programs list. so if anyone knows how i can get rid of my old driver, id appreciate it greatly. :)

Werbung:

blze

i have always had trouble with new video drivers not performing
anywhere near as well as the original so i too am interested in
any info you guys have.

DigitalSword

Your not looking for it in the right spot,

step1) Download the driver and unzip the shit where you can find it or wherever it needs to go
step2)
go to install/uninstall hardware and uninstall your video card
step3)
reboot and install new drivers...

ds

PS wut kind of card is it?

Crisis

Post the memory drump message man. It is possible that the Video Card is going bad. Also does it dump when you go to play CZ, when you restart windows after installing or at random?

Intoxicated

just when i play cz, ill try to get a screen shot of the dump, but i think its just my video drivers because last time i fixed it, it worked great. ill see what i can do though, thanks

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

First, make sure that you know what kind of video card you have. You may have to break open your box to see what it is. Then download the appropriate drivers for your card. Unzip them if necessary and place them in a folder where you can find them later (I usually create a folder called c:\Drivers\Video Card). Typically, you should right click MyComputer->Device Manager->Display Adapters and change your display adapter to standard VGA Adapter. This will force your card to use generic drivers. Reboot your computer and when it finds new hardware just point it to the folder where you unzipped your drivers. In the case of nvidia, you will download an .exe file. In this case, when you reboot, instead of going through the add new hardware wizard just cancel out everything that it asks you. Once you get to the desktop, navigate to your driver file and run it. This should cure your problem. Driver conflicts can be really tricky sometimes. You may be experiencing a conflict with another driver on your system. If you suspect this, download updated drivers for everything else in your system. If you have more problems, post again and try to be more specific. I hope that this helps.