Upgrade

MoneyShot

If you refer to your compter as a 2002 model or the like, here is a decent upgrade that is damn cheap. I am getting reports around that this motherboard will do 250 mhz with good ram.

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4705559

For 80 dollars you can have a pretty rocking source machine.

For anyone turning your nose up on a sempron, here is a review on CPU scaling for modern games.

X-bit labs

Werbung:

Puppet

I just got that 64-bit sempron and a pci express motherboard with nvidia chipset, cpu fan and 1gb of memory for $225. I put it in my wifes chassis and it is disgusting to see someone with that much power using it to surf fuckin google. OMG, sometimes the woman drives me nuts.

MoneyShot

I didnt know they were making semprons 64 bit. I need to keep up on this more often. I am thinking about buying this system for my folks.

Puppet, set up folding on it if it is driving you crazy to be wasting cycles.

Casualty

ROFL!!!!

yea they do make semps 64 but i dont think that chip is a 64-bit

decent find though for people who needs a good price on a upgrade

Puppet

Casualty said:
ROFL!!!!

yea they do make semps 64 but i dont think that chip is a 64-bit

decent find though for people who needs a good price on a upgrade

I agree for only one reason. When you go to a command prompt in windows and type echo %processor_architecture% it will come back with one of three things: x86, IA64, or x64, which is 32bit anychip, 64 bit intel, and 64 bit amd. When I do this on my wifes computer it comes back as x86. But this all leaves the question of "what part of this chip is 64-bit". I have the feeling this is 64-bit registers on a 32-bit chip. Just my geusswholagins though.

Puppet

Casualty said:
pup there is a 64 sempron and a 32bit sempron, most likely you have a 32. he chip posted in moneys link is a 32bit also

Here's what I got. I went to their website and kicked in the sku number off the box and got this web page:

http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0226615

I bought this in a combo though, so the proc was $109, not the $135 listed on this page. Either way, it still says x86 when you do the command. I'm wondering now if WMI can't set the variable if 64-bit Windows isn't loaded. But whatever, this chick is surfing garden websites with this thing and i feel there should be some kind of law against that so i am calling my senator.

Werbung:

WoRm5406

This is what I am looking into getting:

Click here for specs

375_l.jpg